Favorite posters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:35:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favorite posters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favorite posters  (Read 10836 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: September 07, 2009, 08:02:14 PM »

Oh no! I'm not there! What happened?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 08:02:14 PM »

Has good instincts and deserves kudos for patenting the "moral f****try" nomenclature.  That's been useful!

Sorry, that's 4chan.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 05:34:09 PM »

If you don't like that everyone hates you, stop being such a dick.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 07:38:57 PM »

If you don't like that everyone hates you, stop being such a dick.

I hope this was not adresses to me

no, it's to the people mad that they aren't on anyone's lists

JewCon, mostly.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:20:13 PM »

JewishCon gets a bad rap, when has he ever said anything mean to another poster? I've never seen it.

He's said something mean to a whole group of people. Is that enough for you?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 11:56:01 PM »

Frankly I am not much in love with much of anyone in politics these days. I guess my expectations are just unrealistic or something. The problem of course is the filter through which one must pass to succeed in politics, which tends to weed out those who have much to offer frankly that is of much use. What one tends to get are superficial and egotistical power trippers out to be somebody, rather than be serious students of what makes sense from a policy perspective, and try to persuade based on that, even if it renders them one termers. And that is very sad.

I think that the real pioneer in this regard, in the development of the perpetual campaign, is Richard Nixon.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 12:06:42 AM »

Frankly I am not much in love with much of anyone in politics these days. I guess my expectations are just unrealistic or something. The problem of course is the filter through which one must pass to succeed in politics, which tends to weed out those who have much to offer frankly that is of much use. What one tends to get are superficial and egotistical power trippers out to be somebody, rather than be serious students of what makes sense from a policy perspective, and try to persuade based on that, even if it renders them one termers. And that is very sad.

I think that the real pioneer in this regard, in the development of the perpetual campaign, is Richard Nixon.

Things started going downhill with JFK, went way downhill with LBJ, and reached the current trough with Nixon, from which movement back uphill remains to be discerned. Part of it is of course the media and the way campaigns are financed. Who that is sane, would want to spend so much time dialing for dollars and kissing ass of folks regarding whom one frankly finds nauseating for their $$$$ of course, or course, but can only tell that to one's significant other?

I'm not referring so much to his administration as his political career in general. We first really saw it in 1952 with Checkers.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 03:32:42 PM »

lulz
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies