Utah's state House votes 39-34 to reinstitute execution by firing squad (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:51:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Utah's state House votes 39-34 to reinstitute execution by firing squad (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Utah's state House votes 39-34 to reinstitute execution by firing squad  (Read 8472 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 15, 2015, 03:09:49 PM »

"correctional officer" and executioner are synonyms, we all know that.

Godd to know Tweed is around to offer consistently awful opinions. Awful, but at least consistent.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 04:52:27 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
State troopers, I believe. One of the guns has a blank in it so each shooter has a 20% chance of being blameless in the execution.

State troopers are indeed employed in Utah, though the protocol may be diffrent in other states.

Interestingly, the only execution by shooting ever carried in Nevada (1913) was performed by a specially commissioned "shooting machine", after the warned was unable to find five volunteers to form a firing squad (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andriza_Mircovich).

Anyway, I could never quite understood a rationale behind the blank bullet practice. I imagine every one of the execution squad members keeps wondering, for the rest of their lives, what was that he fired. Was the one "blameless"? Or it was his bullet that killed the prisoner?
[/quote]

Not to mention anyone familiar with firearms (I.e. cops) would know instantly from the recoil (or lack thereof) whether their guns fired an actual round or not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies