Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:17:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 129519 times)
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« on: December 05, 2021, 12:54:56 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/05/perdue-georgia-governor-kemp-primary-523772

Perdue might be coming back?
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 06:17:14 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2021, 07:35:08 PM by Thread Popcorn Salesman »

The Georgia*** GOP seems to be in outright civil war
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 07:32:34 PM »

The Republican GOP seems to be in outright civil war

"Republican GOP" is rather redundant. Smiley  I assume you meant the Georgia GOP, in which case I agree.

Also, Vernon Jones is staying in.  Get the popcorn ready:

And speaking of redundancies, note the last line in his statement.  "Gubernatorial candidate for Governor."   Tears of joy

Yea you’re right, my fault for watching tv and foruming
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 11:16:29 AM »

Will Abrams win Glasscock county and the counties in the Northwest corner in the primary?

Does she have any primary opponents?
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 12:42:51 PM »

Will Abrams win Glasscock county and the counties in the Northwest corner in the primary?

Does she have any primary opponents?

Not so far, and it's unlikely that there will be any.

Maybe they’ll be some random low key misogynist who gets maybe 5%
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 07:24:42 PM »

If this is the Georgia Democratic ticket (GADP)Sad
U.S. Senate: Sen. Rev. Raphael Warnock
Governor: Stacey Abrams
Lt. Governor: Erick Allen or Renitta Shannon or Charlie Bailey
Attorney General: Jen Jordan
Secretary of State: Bee Nyugen

Dems should look to sweep all, including the less important positions like Labor Commissioner, etc. The Secy of State position is very important, especially if Jody Hice wins the nomination.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Nguyen would be the first East Asian elected to state wide office in the south. Only the third(?) on the east coast (the other two being William Tong (CT) and SB Woo (DE)
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2022, 07:55:14 PM »

Pack it up Abrams cannot loose even if she tried now
/s
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 08:06:03 PM »

Thank God Kwanza Hall lost. He’s an idiot.

I know nothing about him, why do you say that?
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2022, 12:46:21 AM »

Quick note: The two Public Service Commission elections scheduled this year have been cancelled.

Can… can he just do that?

leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2022, 12:49:37 AM »

God bless
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2022, 03:05:24 AM »

Why would Raphael Warnock be popular with older, socially moderate Black voters? The reason escapes me.

In all seriousness that's very good news.

Why wouldn’t they? Even if they’re 60 they reminder the end of the civil rights movement and the start of integration. They know what racism in America looks like. Not to mention Warnock is a pastor and native lifelong Georgian who literally preaches at King’s church. My mom (not black) is in her late 50s and has memories of integration of schools and segregated movie theaters. You’re not gonna fool people by having a black man sing the same song as white supremacists
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2022, 02:35:41 PM »

Starting to have a terrible feeling Wanker is going to avoid a run-off with like 50.2% of the vote. The Kemp coattails are definitely going to help him to a degree. That's the fear I have right now. This is not exactly a state known for its heavy ticket-splitting.

Lowkey random but it is possible to create a congressional district that voted for Warnock-Perdue in the election runoffs, about 5,000 votes split their ticket that way in this hypothetical seat, or 1% difference.

It’s small but not unrealistic to assume Kemp wins and Walker fails to make 50
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2022, 02:58:24 PM »

Starting to have a terrible feeling Wanker is going to avoid a run-off with like 50.2% of the vote. The Kemp coattails are definitely going to help him to a degree. That's the fear I have right now. This is not exactly a state known for its heavy ticket-splitting.

Lowkey random but it is possible to create a congressional district that voted for Warnock-Perdue in the election runoffs, about 5,000 votes split their ticket that way in this hypothetical seat, or 1% difference.

It’s small but not unrealistic to assume Kemp wins and Walker fails to make 50

I imagine this is a district that includes the ATL suburbs/exurbs? Sure, but Warcock outperformed Assoff by a little over 0.5% in the 2021 run-off. The polls have Hemp utterly trouncing Abrams by at least mid-single digits if not close to 10%. Wanker can afford to lose quite a bit of ground and still win with the state's polarization alone.

*Apologies for using humor as a coping mechanism rn: by replacing a single letter in Warnock/Ossoff/Kemp/Walker to bring some hilarious results*

It sorta is, it’s basically all of Northern Fulton, some of Gwinnett, and the city of Kennesaw.

Also if it’s any comfort Governor performance and senate performance have low correlation compared to most races
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2022, 04:46:08 PM »

RIP:

Only 68, but he’s been speaker the last 12 years, and only the 4th GOP speaker ever
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2022, 02:43:01 AM »

With the runoff behind us, Raffensperger will present three proposals to the General Assembly on the future of GA's voting system. According to The New York Times (the article doesn't appear to be paywalled):

Mr. Raffensperger said he would present three proposals to lawmakers. They include forcing large counties to open more early-voting locations to reduce hourslong lines like the ones that formed at many Metro Atlanta sites last week; lowering the threshold candidates must achieve to avoid a runoff to 45 percent from 50 percent; and instituting a ranked-choice instant-runoff system that would not require voters to come back to the polls again after the general election.

There is history for the "45% to avoid a runoff" rule: it was put in place by the conservadem-dominated General Assembly in the 1990s, but the now GOP-controlled legislature returned it to 50% in the mid-2000s. Personally, I'd rather keep it at 50%.

All in for the IRV proposal, but we'll see if any of it passes.

Wait he’s trying to get ranked choice voting??? Let’s f’ing go. I hope it actually passes
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2023, 09:52:49 AM »

I have an inkling Georgia could be a state where democrats win federal elections for a decade while on the state level they struggle to win statewide office. If you told me the next democratic governor of Georgia was elected in 2030 I’d believe you
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies