Dean & McGovern (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:04:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Dean & McGovern (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dean & McGovern  (Read 8253 times)
jravnsbo

« on: December 23, 2003, 12:03:49 AM »

FYI-- DC is the only place with EV not to vote for both parties at least once.  It has always voted Democrat, even int he landslide losses of Dean and Mondale, oh I meant McGovern and Mondale Smiley Smiley

Dean will lose big, and sweep in 3-5 more GOP southern senators and 7-10 more house members.

As Sen Zell Miller (D-GA) said Dean is taking the worst part of the McGovern campaign ( Anti-war) and the worst part of the Mondale campaign (MASSIVE TAX INCREASES) and combingin them as the centerpieces of his campaign.
jravnsbo

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 04:48:54 PM »

Gephardt also is running on fumes now for money and MUST win IA to stay alive.

However his TAX INCREASE plan is similiar to that of Dean's, so that won't sell either.
jravnsbo

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 12:30:56 AM »

Now that is more plausible.  Dean will get to name the head of the DNC by winning the nominationa nd if he leads the Dems to a loss the party will do some soul searching to the next extreme, but I don't seea  hard left liberal winning the presidency anytime soon.

Is Dean the next McGovern?  I don't think so...

If anything, I think he's the next Barry Goldwater.  He might lose by a landslide, but I think he'll galvanize a Democratic party looking for organization, a clear message and policy in the coming decades.

Ironically, this new message that Dean is proposing is essentially the same principals laid down by Truman and Humphrey in the 1948 convention.
jravnsbo

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 10:56:55 AM »

yeah ask a professor.

This really happened to me!

I walked into a political science class and the teacher said there are 2 things that won't ever change about me and my class "1- I only give 1 A and a lot of B's and I'm a communist so live with it!"

WTF??!!  I was outraged but he is tenured and untouchable.
jravnsbo

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 11:40:01 AM »

Recently I was encouraged that a lot of the people cooming out of college are more conservative than they ever have been.  I think the more information out there the better.  That way they can see for themselves instead of just being spoonfeed and taking it in from professors.
jravnsbo

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 11:51:05 AM »

And just think Reagan didn't campaign in MN as it was home turf., might have been a sweep if he had.

If the economy keeps improving Dean will be a cooked goose.  The first election I followed was '84 (was a Dem then) and Mondale kept saying that he was attracting new voters, women would secretly vote for the Democrat ticket, and that Democrat turnout would overwhelm  Reagan on election day.  I was naive enough to buy it all then was shocked when he was losing everything but home state (which he won by just 2/10 of 1%!)  When Mass. voters were asked why they voted for Reagan, one guy said "Even Liberal Democrats don't want their taxes raised".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies