Poll: How long do you give Mock Parliament? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:12:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poll: How long do you give Mock Parliament? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How long do you give Mock Parliament?
Less than 1 year

1-2 years

2-3 years

3-4 years

4-5 years

5 years plus

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Poll: How long do you give Mock Parliament?  (Read 2305 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: September 21, 2015, 07:07:01 AM »

yeah, the senate's recognition bill wasn't an attack on mock parliment, it was yet another power grab by the worst senate in history.

This "worst Senate" is the only thing that keeps the federal government running.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 07:12:21 AM »

I am heartened to hear that, and hope you are right.

I had perceived the Senate's attempt to strip Bore's recognition of diplomatic relations with Mock Parliament as a slight motivated by anger. Perhaps I am wrong, but I doubt if he had recognized any other country, the outrage has copped would not occur. I am merely concerned by an increasingly disturbing mindset against the game. You have one Senator (and current presidential candidate) who has angrily denounced our attempts to have a full forum under fantasy elections, making the emotional and silly case that it would "confuse" people. You also have the Governor of one of this game's regions attacking people who left for mock parliament as killing this game and sophomoric-ally mocking the reasonable name we chose for ourselves. We have come harboring nothing but peaceful intentions and good will, but have been turned away by so many people in this game.

I'm sorry, but this seems awfully like "I'm holier than you" attitude. If you go read the Mock Parliament board, you'll see a lot of nasty things posted about Atlasia by the highest officials.

Anyway, being a sponsor of the Recognition Procedure Act, I'm obliged to say a few additional words. Recognizing the Mock Parliament can effectively change drastically the way this game is working and such decision simply should not be made by a single individual.

I have no problem with diplomatic relations, providing that a necessary framework is created (since having relations takes much more than "bah, I'm recognizing you"). If this is done, I'll be the first to vote for recognition.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 12:59:31 PM »

The weirdest thing about this is the insane proposition that we have to "synchronize" or whatever. There's literally never been an interesting foreign policy event in Atlasian history. It's either "today the SoEA bravely condemned ISIS" or "LOL NUKES XD".

Without synchronization, our foreign "relations" would be a meaningless waste of time. We may exchange a few empty notes or make a treaty of no consequence. Is that an "interesting" diplomacy? Of course not.

Oakvale, you're way too intelligent not to realize that, so I must assume you're bithing for the bitching's sake.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies