Could Russ Feingold win the nomination in 2016? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:36:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Could Russ Feingold win the nomination in 2016? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could Russ Feingold win the nomination in 2016?  (Read 4187 times)
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« on: July 30, 2009, 03:04:31 PM »
« edited: July 30, 2009, 03:07:18 PM by Ogre Mage »

Will "change" necessarily be what the Democratic Party is looking for in 2016?  If the Obama Administration has lost its way, maybe.  That would be particularly true if the Administration becomes embroiled in corruption, as Feingold stands out for having pristine ethics.  Otherwise, his candidacy strikes me as extremely unlikely.

Feingold has a reputation as an iconoclast in the Senate.  That's good in his willingness to speak truth to power.  But after all these years, he hasn't been very successful in cultivating alliances or persuading other senators.  Can someone who has always been such a loner really lead the party?  Like Howard Dean, I think there is a feeling that he doesn't work very well with others.  I doubt he would get establishment support unless his profile changes dramatically between now and 2016. 

I know some will say that Obama came out of nowhere and did it ...  but that was a very unusual event.  And from the little I've seen of him, Feingold doesn't have anywhere close to Obama's ability to work a crowd.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies