Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:55:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129954 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: March 18, 2013, 01:38:42 AM »

Sometimes I think we see the real side of BushOK come out in these threads. Defiant, stubborn, hard headed, unpleasant and passively aggressive.

I have often grappled with my own religious beliefs, and while I am not an atheist, I do think Jesus/God wants us to make the best of our lives and simply not throw our hands up and say "well, I will just let God handle it, and I will sit on my butt and wait for him to make it happen!"

BushOK isn't going to get a job. He will stay at home, sleep all day, take naps and mooch off his parents until his trip to Kenya. But from a God perspective, I doubt the Lord is sitting there smiling when it comes to his behavior, his lies, etc, and is probably even less happy that BushOK is using him as a shield to avoid real life responsibilities.

My point remains, and I have said this over and over. IF you have a calling to Kenya, then go tomorrow. Don't sit around for another 2-4 years "planning" and "mapping" it out. Just go. Follow that calling. You are just delaying the inevitable by not going today, right? So why wait? If you are that sure. I would just go, throw my fate to god, and fly out to Kenya tonight if I had such a calling, but I don't.

I don't like to toot my own horn like this, but people who know me all say I am one of the nicest, and most cordial, people they have ever met.  In real life, I am generally not this defensive or aggressive.

I have never said, or at least willingly implied, that I am just going to sit on my fanny and let God do the rest.  What I have always said, or at least tried to convey, is that God will hold my hand as I walk, but I have to work.  When I fall, and I will fall many times, He is always there to pick me up and dust me off and get me going again.  In one of the Apostle Paul's letters, in 2 Thessalonians 3:10, he says to the church at Thessalonica (modern day Turkey, I believe) that if a man does not work he should not eat.  I will admit I've been neglectful of that ultimatum, as it were, but I am also mindful to be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.  If the Holy Spirit tells me to do something, then by golly I'd better do it.  When I go to Kenya in June 2013, I will likely go only one more time, in March 2015, before I spend 4-6 weeks there in the Summer 2016.

As I said, I will be maximizing my time over the next three weeks to find a job, but I refuse to spit in the face of my benefactor.  I was raised to honor my benefactors to the best of my ability even at my own expense.  I have promised my mother that starting Monday, July 1, 2013 the day after I get back, I will immediately hit the ground running and search feverishly for a job.  If on the off chance I am working or have a guaranteed offer on Friday, April 5, 2013 which is my cutoff date, then I will go to Kenya in March 2014 and stay home and work in June 2013.  As long as no plane tickets have been bought, that benevolence will still be there in March 2014.  I would prefer to go in June, and every intention of going, but if God grants me a job by 4/5, then I will wait until next March.

I have the calling and the desire to move to Kenya, but the timing is not right.  They have to build a volunteer home for myself and volunteers like me to stay in first and they don't plan to break ground on that until at least mid to late 2015 and it will take a good 9-12 months to build that home.  So, the earliest I could move is summer 2016, but, selfishly, I want to wait until after the US Elections in 2016 and be down there in 2017.  The date is not set in stone still 4 years out, and if I try to nail it down, I'm only kidding myself.  It's like trying to pin the tail on a wild donkey blindfolded, but that is my goal as I see it now.  I can narrow it down to a 12 month range - Spring 2017 - Winter 2018, but that's as far as I can narrow it down, at this time.  I do want to spend 6 weeks in Kenya to test out the environment before I make the firm commitment to move, and I can't do that until the volunteer home is built, so that will be at least summer 2016 before that happens and I will then need time to button things up in America and set things in order so I can move down there.  When I move down there I will probably live down there for 2-3 years, come back to America for 6 months, go back to Africa for 2 years, come back for 6 months, and repeat the cycle.  I will still want to see my family while I'm down there and I doubt they will want to come to Africa, so I will need to find the money somehow and fly back and forth myself.

God revealed to me today, after a year of praying, what He wants me to do down there and that is plant churches.  I still need to discuss this with the Maisha coordinator, but as of right now, that is what I believe to be my purpose down there.

But you brush all of the things you do that God doesn't want you to do and act as if your sins and mistakes don't matter because "God will just dust me off and make it better" anyway. But if that is true, why even care what the Bible says, if you can do whatever you want in life and still gain salvation in the end?

Your failure at your diet:
"Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple." 1 Corinthians 3:16-17

You are 30 years old and have had serious health problems already, yet you refuse to dedicate yourself to righting that wrong. Think about it this way; you are basically saying to God that cutting out all the unhealthy habits you developed is too hard to get his temple back in order.

For your disinterest at finding employment:
"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ." Colossians 3:23

"So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin." James 4:17

You know that you need to find employment. Surely, deep down, you know it is wrong that you are just living off your parents while haphazardly looking for a job, yet you are failing to do what you know is right.

And on the lies:
"A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish." Proverbs 19:9

My point is, we are all sinners, yes, but it seems to me that you feel you can simply ignore God's word and point to where he will "save you" and move on your merry way. Unfortunately, none of us believe you will seriously look for a job before Kenya 2013, and that is a shame. Who cares how you were raised? Is your upbringing the almighty law? Are your parents sinless and infallible? You need your house in order and your wheels have been spinning for years now and you don't seem to care at all. You just lie and shield yourself with the word of God, and I find that offensive to be honest, because the God in the Bible would absolutely not approve of what's going on here. You can say the lies you have told on here are just on a forum, but we are still people to.

I have known people who had the same calling you say you have, and they went. They didn't sit back and wait for the ground work to be laid or for everything to be perfect. They went. They roughed it. I knew some that were nearly killed serving their cause over there. But they went because they believed in the calling. They certainly did not wait for someone to build houses for them and set everything up so all they had to do was move in like you can do in America.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1526 on: March 18, 2013, 06:31:32 AM »

When I move down there I will probably live down there for 2-3 years, come back to America for 6 months, go back to Africa for 2 years, come back for 6 months, and repeat the cycle.  I will still want to see my family while I'm down there and I doubt they will want to come to Africa, so I will need to find the money somehow and fly back and forth myself.

6 months?  Wow, that's quite a long family visit.  What are you going to be doing during those 6 months every few years?  Are you going to be living with your parents for the duration of those visits?

Actually Bushie has an excellent plan here - six months on, six months off is the ideal schedule for the expat.  You get the best of both worlds, and you don't become jaded with either place.  I used to do that when I was properly funded and had not to submit to the humiliation of paid employment.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1527 on: March 18, 2013, 06:53:06 AM »

So Bushie is either

1. Making this all up so he can gain our attention
2. An utter moron

In each case, the update stopped to be amusing two years ago and our efforts to open Bushie eyes evidently became futile a year ago.

Time to lock.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1528 on: March 18, 2013, 08:47:44 AM »

This is hilarious.  I opened up and was very candid and very honest late last night, but I was still lambasted and for no good reason, either.  Oh well.  I know what I'm doing and moreover, I'm at peace with what I'm doing, so that's all that matters.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1529 on: March 18, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »

This is hilarious.  I opened up and was very candid and very honest late last night, but I was still lambasted and for no good reason, either.  Oh well.  I know what I'm doing and moreover, I'm at peace with what I'm doing, so that's all that matters.

I can't speak for the others Bushie, but I wasn't lambasting you.  Just asking questions:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=168802.msg3660142#msg3660142

I'm genuinely curious about how you plan to survive as a "volunteer" in Kenya if you're truly just a "volunteer".  I mean, how are you going to get money to do anything?  Will they be paying you?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1530 on: March 18, 2013, 09:24:34 AM »

I am not lambasting either, just pointing out holes in the argument. I am just frustrated with all of this now. I am beginning to feel BushOK is using God as a shield from living life more than anything else. I only pointed out some of the things he needed to work on and then get accused of lambasting him. I suppose the Bible is also lambasting him by that logic.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1531 on: March 18, 2013, 09:29:33 AM »

I can't speak for the others Bushie, but I wasn't lambasting you.  Just asking questions:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=168802.msg3660142#msg3660142

I'm genuinely curious about how you plan to survive as a "volunteer" in Kenya if you're truly just a "volunteer".  I mean, how are you going to get money to do anything?  Will they be paying you?

I know you weren't lambasting me, Mr. Morden.  Your question seemed genuine to me instead of just trying to shoot down everything I had carefully written last night.

As for the question, I'll be paid a stipend while living and working down there, enough to survive on without becoming another mouth to feed.  The volunteer home won't charge any room and board, so I will have no housing bill.  I will either eat at Maisha or in downtown Kisumu, so the food bill remains a question and I will have some money to be able to shop at Nak-u-Matt (Kenya's version of Walmart) to get clothes or snacks or stuff like that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1532 on: March 18, 2013, 09:36:16 AM »

Okay, lambasting accusations withdrawn.  Gahh, why do I get so defensive to a bunch of Internet people?  Anyway,

I am getting a late start this morning, but I am about to hop in the shower and then leave by 10:00 or 10:15 to start my journey.  I'll be going to Moore then to Downtown OKC to Northwest OKC and back home.  It will likely be upwards of 4:30 or 5:00 to get home depending on rush hour traffic.  I'll update facebook, but I won't update the forum until I get home this evening.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1533 on: March 18, 2013, 09:42:26 AM »

Done even a scintilla of physical exercise in the last week Bushie, other than perambulating from your room (that you took over from your father because it was more commodious for you) to the frig?  

At least in my pad you would have to hike up and down stairs to get there. Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1534 on: March 18, 2013, 09:44:56 AM »

Done even a scintilla of physical exercise in the last week Bushie, other than perambulating from your room (that you took over from your father because it was more commodious for you) to the frig? 

I've done some walking.  Not near enough, but I am.

Are you now accusing me of taking over my father's bedroom when it was his idea, and his idea alone?  I just agreed to it.  I was perfectly fine living in those cramped quarters, but my father couldn't bear the sight of seeing me cramped up like that.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1535 on: March 18, 2013, 09:49:56 AM »

Are you now accusing me of taking over my father's bedroom when it was his idea, and his idea alone?  I just agreed to it.  I was perfectly fine living in those cramped quarters, but my father couldn't bear the sight of seeing me cramped up like that.

I don't need to accuse you of what you yourself admitted. You took over his room. It was bigger. That is all I said. What you are accusing me of accusing you about is in fact your own, and errant, inference taken from my text. Yeah, I would have refused you Dad's offer to decamp myself, but that's just me.

Of just what does "some walking" comprise (other than hitting on the frig)?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1536 on: March 18, 2013, 10:04:16 AM »

I don't need to accuse you of what you yourself admitted. You took over his room. It was bigger. That is all I said. What you are accusing me of accusing you about is in fact your own, and errant, inference taken from my text. Yeah, I would have refused you Dad's offer to decamp myself, but that's just me.

Of just what does "some walking" comprise (other than hitting on the frig)?

Perhaps he wanted the room?  Anyway, that's immaterial at this point.

I've walked around the property (2 walkable acres) a few times in the last week.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1537 on: March 18, 2013, 10:24:13 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thessaloniki is in Greece. They and the Turks don't care much for one another and may not be pleased if you made the same mistake in the future. Just FYI.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1538 on: March 18, 2013, 10:39:04 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bout .22 miles max eh? Assuming "a few" equals 5 times to be generous, we are up to about a mile per week. Splendid!  How long does it take for you to circumnavigate your parents' spread?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1539 on: March 18, 2013, 10:59:44 AM »

Bout .22 miles max eh? Assuming "a few" equals 5 times to be generous, we are up to about a mile per week. Splendid!  How long does it take for you to circumnavigate your parents' spread?

LOL. I'm going to walk further than that just going to the bank today. Hell just even walking to church and back yesterday (which is about 10 minutes one way) is a mile walked.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1540 on: March 18, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »

Application #1 has been submitted (credit union teller).  I've added a 4th place to the end of my adventure today.  I'm headed to grab some lunch at Subway before submitting application #2 (warehouse help).  It could still be 16:30-17:00 before I get home.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1541 on: March 18, 2013, 11:36:31 AM »

So how many applications per day does this average since you came back to Oklahoma?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1542 on: March 18, 2013, 11:45:18 AM »

If your father couldn't see you suffer living in a small room, how could you see him suffer living in a room like that?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1543 on: March 18, 2013, 12:17:47 PM »

Why don't you see if Subway needs some help while you're there?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1544 on: March 18, 2013, 01:54:24 PM »

About ready to submit application number three (tag agency clerk).  I've got one more after this (pizza delivery).  I'm running just ahead of schedule, but I've already driven 70 miles today.  I will top 100 miles before I get home.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1545 on: March 18, 2013, 02:23:29 PM »

99.9% of the time, the forum has a very good reason for "lambasting" you (although your language is stronger than I'd use).  For some reason, you just never seem to understand why that reason is good.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1546 on: March 18, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »

Application number four about to be submitted (pizza delivery).  I may br crazy, but I am going to submit a fifth application (assembly) before the evening is finished!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1547 on: March 18, 2013, 02:30:55 PM »

I walk further than that from my car to the office, and then from my office to my restaurant, and then it's probably about .2 miles roundtrip between my main restaurant and the tea cart that I visit 4-5 times per day at work.

I jut calculated it, and in an average day at work, I walk 2.8 miles.  And I'm just fine at the end of the day.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1548 on: March 18, 2013, 02:31:39 PM »

If your father couldn't see you suffer living in a small room, how could you see him suffer living in a room like that?

He wouldn't want to spit in the face of his benefactor father.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1549 on: March 18, 2013, 02:32:16 PM »

Application number four about to be submitted (pizza delivery).  I may br crazy, but I am going to submit a fifth application (assembly) before the evening is finished!

It's sad that you think actually trying to find a job makes someone crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies