African-American citizen sentenced for five years in the crime of voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:18:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  African-American citizen sentenced for five years in the crime of voting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: African-American citizen sentenced for five years in the crime of voting  (Read 949 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 28, 2018, 03:43:52 PM »

Maybe... just don't be a felon? 🤔

Or better still, have a judge that understands that while ignorance of the law is no excuse, the fact that she was unaware of the provision and it was buried in fine print, at most warrants for getting probation.

Let's face facts. If this woman was a wealthy Suburban Trump cultist, she would have gotten probation at worse, or quite probably the charge reduced to a misdemeanor in plea negotiations
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 03:45:29 PM »

But I was told voter fraud never, ever happens.

No you weren't, because no one has ever claimed that, either on this form or otherwise. What you have been trolled is that voter fraud, especially in person voter fraud like this, is extremely rare and almost never occurs. That is still true.

I'll take disingenuous straw man Arguments for 500, Alex.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 05:03:57 PM »

Maybe... just don't be a felon? 🤔

Or better still, have a judge that understands that while ignorance of the law is no excuse, the fact that she was unaware of the provision and it was buried in fine print, at most warrants for getting probation.

Let's face facts. If this woman was a wealthy Suburban Trump cultist, she would have gotten probation at worse, or quite probably the charge reduced to a misdemeanor in plea negotiations

Pretty much agree.
Under the circumstances of this specific case, 10 months or 5 years is excessive.
People have done things that are much worse, and get-off with smaller penalties.

Nonsense! Everyone knows that voter fraud is committed on a regular basis by inner-city minorities. It's just not widely reported by the liberal media, but in fact recidivist voting is commonplace.

I snark, but this is literally a widely-held opinion among the various Republican committee members and officeholders I deal with that GOP meetings.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies