The most important swing county in each state (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:04:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The most important swing county in each state (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The most important swing county in each state  (Read 6947 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« on: June 16, 2012, 01:36:11 AM »

Massachusetts:  Barnstable (national bellweather, though a case could be made for Norfolk or Essex given Romney's home state advantage), Hampden (decides state)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 12:30:44 PM »

Massachusetts:  Barnstable (national bellweather, though a case could be made for Norfolk or Essex given Romney's home state advantage), Hampden (decides state)

Plymouth is more of a bellweather than any of these I think.

No, Plymouth has been heavily trending Republican (Obama won it by the same margin as nationally last time, compared to Kerry who did 11% better than nationwide, and Gore who did 15% better).
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 12:10:31 AM »

Massachusetts:  Barnstable (national bellweather, though a case could be made for Norfolk or Essex given Romney's home state advantage), Hampden (decides state)

Plymouth is more of a bellweather than any of these I think.

No, Plymouth has been heavily trending Republican (Obama won it by the same margin as nationally last time, compared to Kerry who did 11% better than nationwide, and Gore who did 15% better).

But yet it's still the most GOP county in MA. That has potential for a swing county, I think if Romney campaigns well and if the economy collapses again, that county will be a Romney County.

That's my point...  Plymouth is almost certainly going to be more Republican than the country this year, and so is not a bellweather county.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies