Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:43:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 28
Author Topic: Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort  (Read 35828 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2017, 10:33:30 AM »

have the russians set up the trumps or were the trumps just stupid beyond belief?

I wasn't lying earlier when I said the Trumps are all stupid.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2017, 10:35:36 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2017, 10:35:49 AM »

I'm frequently reminded of one my favorite quotes from All the President's Men, spoken by Hal Holbrook as Deep Throat:

"Forget the myths the media's created about the White House. The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2017, 10:44:57 AM »

So seeing how the Saturday story was briefed by 'White House Advisors' I do wonder if they know this was all going to leak, and were simply trying to somehow get ahead of it, and just drop Don Jnr in it
EnglishPete

« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2017, 10:46:52 AM »

Of course its a set up. You wouldn't put 'this is part of the Russian government's support for Mr Trump' if it really was.

Its also obvious that it was a set up because the meeting produced absolutely no useful info.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2017, 10:50:53 AM »

Of course its a set up. You wouldn't put 'this is part of the Russian government's support for Mr Trump' if it really was.

Its also obvious that it was a set up because the meeting produced absolutely no useful info.

If your last defense is "this must have been a setup!" then you're likely cornered already.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2017, 10:51:44 AM »

Junior is going to be on Hannity tonight, so that should be must watch TV
EnglishPete

« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2017, 10:52:09 AM »

So politics and whether the lawyer was actually a representative of the Russian government aside, is it illegal to work with a foreign government on a campaign if no favors are exchanged? Is it illegal to receive information from a foreign government for a campaign?

If all the people pretending to be outraged over Don Jr's 'treason' over trying to get oppo research from a foreign national were sincere in their beliefs they'd be outraged at Hillary Clinton working with the Ukrainian government in the course of the campaign. Instead they pretend 'that's different because muh reasons'

What would you say if it was Germany in 1936 vs Poland or Czechoslovakia?

That's really all in the eye of the beholder and irrelevant in a legal sense

Oh I dunno. How do people feel about all the Saudi ahem 'donations' to the Clinton Foundation?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2017, 10:53:17 AM »

He'll cancel.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2017, 10:53:58 AM »

He's gonna get an accidental Polonium stick on his way to the show Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2017, 10:54:53 AM »

He'll cancel.

The desire for attention whoring is too strong.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2017, 10:55:15 AM »

At the risk of agreeing with EnglishPete, I wouldn't put it past the Putin regime to throw Trump under the bus by leaking a bunch of generally boring correspondences with Trump people and throwing in a few smoking guns of their own. I mean, if I were in the Kremlin, I'd be getting pretty tired of his shenanigans as well.

What doesn't make sense for this narrative, though is why Trump Jr. felt compelled to release the info. Is he really so loyal as to throw himself under the bus regardless of whether it's legit or contrived? Does anyone really think this is all part of some plan where someone will produce a less-damning version of the email and say "See it was doctored!" And somehow exonerate Trump Jr.? Really?
EnglishPete

« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2017, 10:57:10 AM »

If your last defense is "this must have been a setup!" then you're likely cornered already.

No the defense is that there's absolutely nothing in the e-mail chain that is remotely criminal. Whether the same can be said of the various DNC/Crowdstrike/Ukrainian cooking up of this bogus narrative is another matter altogether.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2017, 10:59:03 AM »

At the risk of agreeing with EnglishPete, I wouldn't put it past the Putin regime to throw Trump under the bus by leaking a bunch of generally boring correspondences with Trump people and throwing in a few smoking guns of their own. I mean, if I were in the Kremlin, I'd be getting pretty tired of his shenanigans as well.

What doesn't make sense for this narrative, though is why Trump Jr. felt compelled to release the info. Is he really so loyal as to throw himself under the bus regardless of whether it's legit or contrived? Does anyone really think this is all part of some plan where someone will produce a less-damning version of the email and say "See it was doctored!" And somehow exonerate Trump Jr.? Really?

The New York Times had the emails and where about to post them, so that's the only reason he'd want to release them.

But by doing so, people can't plead that it's fake. However the useful idiots will just claim he's been set up
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2017, 10:59:09 AM »

have the russians set up the trumps or were the trumps just stupid beyond belief?

Yes.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2017, 10:59:19 AM »

So politics and whether the lawyer was actually a representative of the Russian government aside, is it illegal to work with a foreign government on a campaign if no favors are exchanged? Is it illegal to receive information from a foreign government for a campaign?

If all the people pretending to be outraged over Don Jr's 'treason' over trying to get oppo research from a foreign national were sincere in their beliefs they'd be outraged at Hillary Clinton working with the Ukrainian government in the course of the campaign. Instead they pretend 'that's different because muh reasons'

Oh I dunno. How do people feel about all the Saudi ahem 'donations' to the Clinton Foundation?

You mean donations that weren't a personal slush fund?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2017, 10:59:45 AM »

So seeing how the Saturday story was briefed by 'White House Advisors' I do wonder if they know this was all going to leak, and were simply trying to somehow get ahead of it, and just drop Don Jnr in it

DTJ had forwarded the email to Kushner, so Kushner was able to leak it and point the spotlight to him.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2017, 11:01:15 AM »

Yes.

Do you think the Russians really thought Trump was a kindred spirit or are they just cucking us by cucking the Trumps?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2017, 11:01:28 AM »

Junior tweeted out the correspondence. And implicated his brother in law and the campaign manager. With the Russian government being a clear ask for providing negative information. Someone - have i died and gone to heaven? Is this what the Great Beyond feels like? I'm about to see the One and Eternal king right?
EnglishPete

« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2017, 11:02:57 AM »

You mean donations that weren't a personal slush fund?
Perish the thought!
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2017, 11:03:28 AM »

Do you think the Russians really thought Trump was a kindred spirit or are they just cucking us by cucking the Trumps?

Having a U.S. President who is literally an agent of the Kremlin is too much for even Putin to ask. Of course he'd be happy with electing a heavily compromised idiot.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2017, 11:05:04 AM »

This has the feel of an impending statement that goes, “I, Michael Richard Pence, do solemnly swear I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States…”
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2017, 11:05:19 AM »

He'll cancel.

The desire for attention whoring is too strong.

You would know.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2017, 11:07:48 AM »

DTJ had forwarded the email to Kushner, so Kushner was able to leak it and point the spotlight to him.

and as some people stated today, kushner still got a security clearance.....

btw i love this part of the mails

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2017, 11:08:08 AM »

This has the feel of an impending statement that goes, “I, Michael Richard Pence, do solemnly swear I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States…”

You and I both know Trump isn't going to go down willingly.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies