Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: coalition agreement presented (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:14:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: coalition agreement presented (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: coalition agreement presented  (Read 273302 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« on: October 10, 2017, 06:30:52 PM »

Finally it is done.  I like the tax changes.  If the top rate is reduced to 49.5% that means Canada for the first time in many years will have a higher top marginal rate in most provinces while the UK could be higher too if Corbyn wins and likewise the US perhaps in 2020 if a progressive Democrat like Elizabeth Warren wins the white house and the Democrats take both houses.  I do though agree with that as I don't like the idea of making someone pay over half their income to the government unless there is a good reason such as war.  Off course that assumes the coalition will last to 2019 which is no guarantee and also it passes the senate so we shall see.  The top rate now is 52% which is quite high by both EU and OECD standards although only a few percentage points above most other Western European countries.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 09:42:07 PM »

How did that CU-SGP divergence take place? CU's predecessor parties don't seem that different from the SGP. I.e. they were affiliated with very conservative Reformed churches.

I think economic issues.  SGP is your Christian fundamentalists while CU is more social Christian.  They are socially conservative, but economically CU leans left unlike SGP.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies