Constitutional Convention Resolution (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:21:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Constitutional Convention Resolution (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Constitutional Convention Resolution  (Read 5533 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: May 11, 2006, 09:32:46 PM »

As part of this Convention, I'd very much like to see citizens Smiley allowed to propose amendments or additions to the Constitution for the Convention to consider and vote upon as to their inclusion (we don't want anything frivilous) before it goes to the Regions for ratification

As to whether this would be permissable, I don't know and I, therefore, request clarification as to whether it would or wouldn't be

Also can Convention appointees by the President or the Governors include members of the Senate or not?

'Hawk'
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 06:23:51 PM »

It is certainly permissible for non-members of the Convention to suggest amendments. However, I would assume that the Convention retains the power to ignore frivolous proposals.

It's just that I may have one or two amendments I'd like the Convention to consider

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I agree the Convention should include some senators as well as others

It's just that if I'm not appointed (I'm not actively seeking to be appointed), I'd still like to contribute

'Hawk'
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 12:27:06 PM »

Aye on the assumption that citizens can propose amendments or additions to the Convention for it to consider

'Hawk'
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 07:06:26 AM »

As with Senator Gabu, I concur with the view expressed by Justice Wixted, the President and Governor Afleitch. On reflection, I believe Clause 4 should be stricken from this Resolution for the reasons they have stated

Basically, I would like non-Convention members to submit proposals (i.e. amendments or additions to the Constitution) for the Convention to consider. I trust the Convention once convened will have no problems in allowing this

I will support the Senator's motion to strike Clause 4 from the Resolution

'Hawk'
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies