Sexless love or loveless sex? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:44:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Sexless love or loveless sex? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Sexless love or loveless sex?
Sexless love

Loveless sex

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Sexless love or loveless sex?  (Read 19613 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: March 28, 2009, 02:32:55 PM »

Loveless sex. I'd rather be lonely than driven insane.

Amen, brother!

I'm surprised how many men on this Forum picked Option 1.  Why even deal with females without the sex?  I can name a few exceptions, but for the most part I can't deal with women.  There I said it.  They're caddy, will twist the slightest thing you say against you, sometimes a pain in the ass to deal with in the workplace (few exceptions, of course)... Oh boy, I'm gonna be labeled a mysoginist.

LOL

Yes! My thoughts exactly. What kind of guy gets in a relationship or deals with women at all if not to eventually have sex with them? That's the driving force behind all relationships. If you aren't physically attracted to a person, then chances are you won't want to be in a relationship with them. Why would a guy want to pal around with girls otherwise, unless they are gay and enjoy shopping with them.

Any guy who denies this is simply lying to themselves and all of us. It might be sad, but it's the truth. Why else dothe hot girls have more friends than the ugly ones? Is it because all the hot girls have better personalities? I'd argue the hot ones have less personalities because they don't need them.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 10:09:05 PM »

What kind of guy gets in a relationship or deals with women at all if not to eventually have sex with them? That's the driving force behind all relationships.

Wrong, spoiled brat.

So, the girl you were so enamored with earlier this year had nothing to do with her looks? You were attracted to her personality, which you yourself admitted you didn't know much about.

Also, are you trying to join the group of Al, Bob, and BRTD? Is that the company you want to keep? Thanks for the unwarranted personal attacks, pal.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Uh...who said anything about lacking physical attraction? What does that have to do with loveless sex or sexless love?[/quote]

Most people who are attracted to someone want to have a physical relationship with them at some point. It's called human nature.

We're really going to play the class warfare game again? Look dude, I've already explained my family's life story. I didn't live a life with a silver spoon in my mouth. I grew up with my parents getting divorced (a nasty one at that, I was 7 when it started) and lawsuits among most of my family members. Yes, I've been blessed with a lot of material goods, but don't play all high and mighty. I've been given responsibilities. I've had a summer job since I was 16 because my parents/grandparents wanted me to learn the value of a dollar. That Mercedes I drive was in my grandmother's will who wanted me to have a safe car to drive. I don't need to explain this to a guy who is sometimes so judgmental that it's disgusting, but I will anyway. You didn't know. That's why I don't personally attack people here. Take a lesson from that.

And to rebut your statement, most relationships are made or broken with sex. Some people like you may not care about it or whatever, but that's you. Most relationships begin with a physical attraction, which usually means you want to have sex with that person. It isn't a hard concept to grasp. Even you are the same way. If that girl who was in your class wasn't somewhat attractive, you would've never made such a big deal to talk to you.

Yeah. Girls are only good enough for you when you get to spike their drinks, right?
[/quote]

Do me a favor and spare us all of any arguments with BRTD, Bob, Marokai or whoever else in the future, alright? You're no better than they are when you decide to play the same games they do by hurling unwarranted attacks at people, and no more moral high road for you either.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 12:15:27 AM »

What kind of guy gets in a relationship or deals with women at all if not to eventually have sex with them? That's the driving force behind all relationships.

Wrong, spoiled brat.

So, the girl you were so enamored with earlier this year had nothing to do with her looks? You were attracted to her personality, which you yourself admitted you didn't know much about.

Duke, I never said that looks have nothing to do with attraction or that they shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Yet you decided to call me a spoiled brat and told me I was wrong when I said sex was the driving force behind most relationships. Am I right, then? My point was, all relationships begin with a physical attraction. Learning to love that person outside of the physical attraction is another component, but certainly isn't always the first.

I can't help it if they finally make sense and have something in common with me.  Wink

Unwarranted? Give it a rest, dude. You just called anyone that wants to "pal around" with girls f****ts. Spare me the lecture.[/quote]

Did I specifically call anyone out? Everyone makes silly statements in posts. Neither you nor I are immune to it. The fact that you decided to specifically call me out and begin using the "you're a spoiled brat/rapist" argument is what's so pathetic about this. You're better than that. Do you honestly want to be the idol of BRTD? It's your choose!

Duke, you're a blatant failure here. I admit in the post that you quote that physical attraction is not something we are supposed to shy away from.

Point out for me where I made the assinine point that attraction shouldn't lead to a physical relationship. Go. Now. [/quote]

I don't recall claiming you made specific statements, but you did get all defensive at my, admittedly, somewhat sarcastic post.

I play class warfare when it is warranted. I have to fight insane arrogance with insane arrogance.

Spare me the sob story about you getting a Benz because it was "safe." I'm sure that's the tag you give everyone when you post pictures of it on the Internet. When people flaunt what they have, be ready to be called out for it.  [/quote]

You seem to always bring it up whether it applies to anything or not. How does my class have anything to do with this thread? Where did I mention my car or my income level or anything in my initial post. You brought it up for whatever reason just to add a stinger to your post.

I Purple heart our divorce rate. How about you? Oh, and don't play the divorce card either. My parents are divorced as well.[/quote]

The sad truth is most marriages are broken because one side doesn't make the other feel good or whatever. People have quit trying to work through their problems and just split up to look for other fish. This thread isn't a debate on the divorce rate and why it's so high.

Again, Duke, I never once said that physical attraction is a bad thing. You're twisting the argument around entirely.

I said that your attitude in your initial post, with no respect for true feelings towards people aside from a physical lust, is absolutely disgusting. You twisted that into me saying that physical attraction is bad and disgusting. I come to expect this sort of behavior from people that don't know how to debate points though. [/quote]

Don't take anything so personal. That initial post was as off handed as a lot of the rest of the ones in this thread. If you honestly believe many of these posters are sharing their true and deep feelings with you, then you're living in a fantasy land. So what if I said what I said? I don't need you swinging the sword of moral authority and calling me some of the names you called me.

And yet your comment about guys having feels for girls means that they're gay isn't an unwarranted attack?
[/quote][/quote]

Again, people make offensive statements all the time towards groups of people. You're always going to offend someone. If I went around attacking people every time they made an offensive statement en general, then I'd say I had a problem.

Did I, in any way, target you specifically in my post? Did I call you out by name? Did I make a crack about your socioeconomic status, attitude, or anything else? Did I call you some middle class trash heap who lacks the balls to talk to anything with a vagina? No. No, I didn't. You know why? Because I don't know you all that well. I don't know your story, your history, or your life. I try to keep things here as impersonal as I can so I won't specifically offend or attack people. Do me a favor and give me that same respect. When have I ever targeted you before? Called you out? Used personal attacks in response to posts by you? I don't understand why anyone would care enough to attack someone specifically on an internet forum...

Congrats. You are the company you keep, as the saying goes....
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 01:36:11 AM »

Yet you decided to call me a spoiled brat and told me I was wrong when I said sex was the driving force behind most relationships. Am I right, then? My point was, all relationships begin with a physical attraction. Learning to love that person outside of the physical attraction is another component, but certainly isn't always the first.

Duke, in all honesty, I think you have a minor issue with logic. What I said didn't contradict anything. I don't believe that sex is the driving force behind most relationships and, if it is, I don't think that that's right. That does not mean, however, that physical attraction is bad.

Alright, then.

So...you are allowed to make the "silly statement" but when I do it to you, you want to whine? Uh...right. Got it.
[/quote]

Totally unrelated. If you made a general silly statement, then fine. Since you made it personal, I'll get involved. Nothing I said was personally directed at you.

Duke, what was sarcastic about your assumption that I think physical attraction is bad? I really think you need to brush up on your definitions. Maybe you can get a dictionary made of pure gold for Christmas this year! [/quote]

Sarcastic attacks don't win arguments... But nice one!

I bring it up just as often as your flaunt it. You're right when you note that it wasn't brought up here before I made a comment just as the idea of someone being a f****t shouldn't be brought up because they actually have an emotional attachment to a female. [/quote]

I never called anyone a f****t. I said that I have never met a guy that really wanted to just be friends with girls.... that was based on my personal experiences. You twisted that one around to be calling a bunch of guys f****ts, which I can't find in my original post.

You are that dense? Really?

You cast aside the emotional problems with your answer here and then go on about how divorce is caused by one side nothing making the "other feel good or whatever." And then you say that this debate isn't about the divorce rate. Honestly, Duke? Do you not see the line some of us are trying to draw, trying to point how why loveless sex might have something to do with the damn divorce rate?

By the way, I loved the "make the other feel good or whatever" line. Classic.[/quote]

Again, I'm not here to argue about why our divorce rate is so high. If you are interested in the topic, there are plenty of articles written about it to keep you busy. I'm not divorced. I don't know truly why people get divorced.

Classive defensive argument. You claim that you weren't serious after you realize how silly you sounded and then revert to this idea that you don't need to explain yourself. Then why are you posting here, Duke? If you don't want to back up your assinine remarks, don't make them.

Don't blast me by saying that I'm swinging a "sword of moral authority." I know this idea may be foreign to you, Duke, but some of us with a spine stand up for what we believe. It doesn't necessarily make us holier than thou. I notice that your types don't like being challenged but that's your problem, not mine. [/quote]

Haha! I don't have a spine? Really? I've been called a lot of things, but I've never been told I lacked a spine.... that's a new one!

Did you bother reading the quoted post that I replied to? Was ICE HOCKEY being serious in his response? I'm not all of a sudden backtracking. I knew I sounded just as silly as ICE HOCKY'S post. Here's a secret. I love to bait people here, especially BRTD/Al and the like. I know if I say certain things, I'll get a rise out of them and we'll argue about it for page after page. Considering the post I was responding to, though, I didn't think I would get much out of this one.

And before you accuse me of backtracking all over the place, this isn't the first time I've made a statement like this, waiting to see the reaction.

"Offensive statements are made all the time towards groups of people" means it's ok. Uh, ok, great. So why did you throw a hissy fit when I made some about you? [/quote]

If you'd read, I said the reason I shot back is because I was specifically targeted. If it was a lofting statement directed at no one in particular, I would not have thrown a hissy fit. You know that! Don't play stupid.

I don't care if you didn't specifically target me. You made a stupid comment and you were called out.

Duke, I don't understand how I'm a "middle class trash heap" when I, without a shadown of a doubt, possess more class than you'll ever have. Need I remind you of your drunken outbursts on our fine forum after your basketball team lost? What did you call those fine young black men again? I can't seem to remember the word...

Also, a classy individual like myself doesn't justify rape. But since I apparently don't talk to anything with a vagina, I guess I wouldn't know if they enjoy that type of stuff. I bet they do, right, Duke? As long as they get a ride in the Benz, that is...[/quote]

Oh Lord. That statement was used as an example. I do not believe you are that, nor would I ever seriously call you that. You're a good guy on this forum, and I've enjoyed arguing on your side of a lot of issues over the years. Look, I tried to make it clear I'd never call you that. I was using antonyms of your swipes at me as examples. Don't play a victim. I made it clear I am not going to attack you personally.

And I'm dense? I tried to make it clear that that rape thing was a poor joke and I apologized for it. The only people that are dense enough to STILL harp about it are BRTD, yourself, Bob and Al. The rest of the forum seem to have moved on in their lives.

And oh, I'm so sorry for my outbursts. I tend to get passionate about my school's basketball like you are passionate about PA politics. Poor choice of words, yes, but I'm prone to that. I'm not pretending like I don't make my share of gaffes...

I only wish that someone can warn your friends...
[/quote]

Luckily you aren't the judge in those matters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies