WA-8: Reichert retiring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:48:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WA-8: Reichert retiring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA-8: Reichert retiring  (Read 21208 times)
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 06, 2017, 04:20:48 PM »

If the 2016 numbers in the presidential race are the new normal then this should be lean/tilt D in an open race,  the Seattle suburbs are definitely a bright area for Dems in the future.

I'd predict right now D+1.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 08:38:46 AM »

You don't need a "strong bench" for an open House seat,  that's more for statewide elections.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 05:42:56 PM »

Still being angry over an election that was 13 years ago is more than a little ridiculous and that's not even the topic of the thread. Move on.

Your party is angry about an election 16 years ago so.....

That's pretty much water under the bridge for most people. Besides, "but such and such" is not really a good rebuttal. No one cheated Rossi, he just lost and Gregoire was the better fit for the state.
If you win twice you win you shouldn't have to do 3 counts for the dem to win
#rigged #rossi4congress
Let it go.

The fact is you guys continue to say that 2000 was rigged yet you guys lost because of a candidate who gave up on Ohio and did nothing in New Hampshire just like your candidate in 2016 didn't even go to Wisconsin Dino won twice and since dems *found* ballots she *won* but like I said there should have been only 1 recount but after the result changed do one more count to make sure that it wasn't a fluke.

Most of the complaints about the 2000 election stem from Gore winning the popular vote and Bush barely squeaking by in Florida.    Why does Ohio and New Hampshire have to come into play?
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 08:48:38 AM »

What's the source?

If that's true, then there's some truth to the notion that it's a more Republican district on the downballot level. I'll still call it Tilt D though, since it's a Trump midterm and the trend is toward the Democrats.

I would call it a toss up tilting republican hold the dems have no bench in the 8th at all while the GOP has the tons of candidates to choose from.

Republicans are really banking on that "weak bench" line of attack here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies