College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:25:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread  (Read 54600 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« on: November 16, 2015, 11:47:29 PM »

It's better in certain parts of the country fortunately.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 03:40:25 PM »

But the right doesn't control academia, so it won't go anywhere.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 03:46:27 PM »

So, according to SJWs, are white men just supposed to not exist anywhere?
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 11:30:37 PM »

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Drexel-officials-Professor-George-Ciccariello-Mahers-White-Genocide-tweet-was-utterly-reprehensible.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Look at me, I hate my own race, I'm so edgy!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 09:46:32 PM »

What a vital issue. The small percentage of kids who value this sh**t over school/partying has swayed my views on politics. I don't care about corruption, money in politics, foreign policy, or economic policy anymore. Clearly this is the most important issue facing our country, and only TRUMP can defeat this threat. I don't care if he kisses Putin's ass or ruins the economy. Those are boring issues, after all.

It might seem irrelevant to you, but SJWs are contributing to the rise of the alt-right.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »

At what point does the FBI step in and stop this madness? It is descending into domestic terrorism.
Some college students get mean emails and you think it's a federal crime? People who can't cope with a few mean words without demanding a safe space are so ridiculous. I'm sorry that College Republicans are such snowflakes and get triggered so easily, but they're gonna have to learn to deal with the real world.

How are Republicans snowflakes?  They aren't the ones being coddled and protected from other people's views.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 02:48:13 PM »

At what point does the FBI step in and stop this madness? It is descending into domestic terrorism.
Some college students get mean emails and you think it's a federal crime? People who can't cope with a few mean words without demanding a safe space are so ridiculous. I'm sorry that College Republicans are such snowflakes and get triggered so easily, but they're gonna have to learn to deal with the real world.

How are Republicans snowflakes?  They aren't the ones being coddled and protected from other people's views.

Well let's explore that, shall we? The President himself is the chief Snowflake who gets very disgruntled if someone hurts his feelings, thus he tweets about them like a hormonal teenager. The base is coddled by figures on Fox News and other sites that constantly remind their audience that only they are "right" and "patriotic", hence no one else can be. And when you criticize people who are legitimately racist, sexist, or homophobes as deplorable, the same group thinks they're being universally targeted, and wants to go cry foul, despite the fact that "deplorable" is a much nicer word than many of the words hurled at the left. And the fact that Republicans, particularly in rural areas, also have their own bubbles of sorts when they're surrounded by people who vote and think the exact same way they do, and everyone in a given area is pretty homogeneous. Isn't that what they criticize "liberal bubbles" for?

I'm not talking about rural Republicans who live among people who share their views.  I'm talking about Republicans on college campuses where their views are a small minority.  Being a conservative on most campuses is not for the faint of heart.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 02:56:00 PM »

How are Republicans snowflakes?  They aren't the ones being coddled and protected from other people's views.
Your buddy here thinks people getting mean emails is somehow "domestic terrorism."

More broadly, conservatives have established a bizarre conception of Schrödinger's college student, somehow both a weak snowflake prone to retreating into safe spaces at the slightest provocation and a dangerous domestic terrorist. I think it's funny.

The Antifa are weak.  They only attack when they have overwhelming numbers.

On most campuses fiscal conservatives are a small minority and social conservatism is almost nonexistent.  These places are already left-wing echo chambers.  But when one person gives a different view they can't handle it.  I can't imagine what it's like to be outed as a Republican at a college in California.

When Sanders went to Liberty University, the students didn't smash windows and then defend their actions by saying that they were fighting Communism.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 02:58:39 PM »

they aren't on campuses.

their politicans and the grassroot movement are.

to shield themselves from being attacked with conflicting information, they have built their own news bubble.

making IW/BB now into professional and "serious" news sources and fox into a kind-of state-run television channel is only the next logical step.

I'm not talking about the right-wing media bubble that some people live in.

Each side has its problems that need to be fixed.  But the issue of special snowflakes on campus is an exclusively left-wing issue.  I condemn against the crazies on my side (such as the alt-right).  The left needs to do the same.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 06:03:09 PM »

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/the-madness-at-middlebury/

These people need to be told that part of being an adult is learning to accept that not everyone will agree with you.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 08:19:55 AM »

That's because those who most complain about "safe spaces" - conservatives and alt-rightists who want to shut down any discussion on racism, sexism, and inequality - low-key support what the assailant believed.

Anyways, for those who are too lazy to click on links:

"discussion," lol!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 08:24:32 AM »

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/hunting-of-bret-weinstein-evergreen-state/

How does anyone justify this?
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 08:53:08 AM »

No one on the right is defending that criminal.  But plenty of people on the left are defending violence on campus.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 02:47:23 PM »

The issue isn't that SJWs exist, it's that they shut down debate and are encouraged by their professors.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies