Opinion of the "Polyamorous community" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:55:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the "Polyamorous community" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the "Polyamorous comminity"
FF

HP

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 127

Author Topic: Opinion of the "Polyamorous community"  (Read 6409 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: September 02, 2016, 03:52:41 PM »

My girlfriend is one so....
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 10:42:17 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2016, 10:43:57 PM by L'exquisite Douleur »

Oh man this thread is disgusting. Now I know how LGBT felt a decade ago reading threads of hate toward them.

Just one thing I'll say is it does not necessarily mean just "sleeping around". My girlfriend is only with one other guy who lives much closer to her.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 11:36:19 PM »

Now I know how LGBT felt a decade ago reading threads of hate toward them.

I really don't think you do.

While I, too, would much rather be cheated on with one person for whom my girlfriend or wife actually had feelings than with a bunch of random flings, I wouldn't think that accepting an agonizingly ethical (ethics, of course, being, as Al once said, 'morals for people who are too gutless to have them') 'lifestyle' framework for the experience--if I did accept such a framework, which I wouldn't--would give me meaningful insight into the experiences of people who are oppressed for who they are.

Actually I'm referring to the rather hateful posts and empty quoting about "degenerates" in this case in reference to someone I really care about.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 07:30:45 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2016, 10:44:11 AM by L'exquisite Douleur »

What exactly is meant by "diffuse societal harm" and "moral self-harm"?

I mean I can think of some crimes where "diffuse societal harm" is the result (some white collar crimes like insider trading and things like welfare fraud) but I don't think that's what Tony is referring to.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 10:43:31 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2016, 10:48:58 AM by L'exquisite Douleur »

...seriously? Is that supposed to be a Drumpf-like disparaging nickname or something?

ROFL

No, it's an odd quirk of my phone's auto-correct after a typo.

Corrected. Now what about the rest of the post?

Oh man this thread is disgusting. Now I know how LGBT felt a decade ago reading threads of hate toward them.

Just one thing I'll say is it does not necessarily mean just "sleeping around". My girlfriend is only with one other guy who lives much closer to her.

You are a sad, strange little man. And you have my pity.

You are terrible, seriously. If you knew anything about her, her previous experiences and why she's been trending to polyamory you would know why are being so terrible. So much disgusting judgment in this thread.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 09:22:48 PM »

How exactly does an mfm relationship, where all individuals are straight and interested in pursuing a long term, romantic relationship even work? What's the relationship between the two males? Do they interact with one another? Are they friends? What happens if they're not? Then how does the woman decide who to spend time with? Splitting it 50-50 sounds terrible, haha. What if all three want sex at the same time? Do the guys introduce her to their friends and family and then lie about her whereabouts when she's spending time with the other guy? Or do you 'come out' as poly; presumably the woman has to if she wants to introduce both guys to her social circles? What do you do about long term living situations and finances? Or is what I'm describing essentially non-existent and there's only one meaningful, romantic relationship occurring with some sex (with consent of the other partner) on the side?

Me and the other guy are friends. Most of this isn't much of an issue because she lives with him and I don't and we live in different states. And we have a shared inter-state social circle thanks to Ingress. But we hang out together. I shared a hotel with them last time, the plan was for her to be in the middle of the bed, but he found it awkward so he slept on a cot. Based on her Facebook she is already very "out" as poly but I have not met any of her family yet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies