Nixon or Reagan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:43:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Nixon or Reagan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nixon or Reagan  (Read 9778 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 02, 2010, 07:14:27 PM »

Reagan, although I respect both men. Nixon's Watergate business makes me vote for Reagan, although I probably would have voted for Nixon if it never occurred.

Funny considering that so many people here HATE Reagan. I like him, personally, but not to the extent of thinking that he "won the cold war" or "defeated communism abroad.

However, to say that he was a non-factor in foreign affairs is moot.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 09:26:47 PM »

Reagan.

He has more in common with Rocky and Rambo, haha.

Reagan said that tress cause pollution and that the poor enjoy being homeless.

Obama said that there are 57 states and that there is an Austrian language.

So he made some stupid remarks. All presidents do that, Rochambeau.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 11:04:02 PM »

Reagan.

Also, Reagan cared squat about ordinary Americans. Unlike Nixon, he only cared about the rich. Also he was the most fiscally irresponsible President in American history up to that point, despite being a self-declared fiscal conservative.

Oh please. Rochambeau, you are just reciting old leftist lines. Dedicate your slanted and biased views to other causes.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 11:07:21 PM »

Reagan.

Also, Reagan cared squat about ordinary Americans. Unlike Nixon, he only cared about the rich. Also he was the most fiscally irresponsible President in American history up to that point, despite being a self-declared fiscal conservative.

Oh please. Rochambeau, you are just reciting old leftist lines. Dedicate your slanted and biased views to other causes.

The truth hurts, doesn't it? While I'm telling the truth, 80% of our national debt was accumulated under Reagan and both Bushes.

I'm talking about him hating the poor and the middle class, my friend.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 11:22:23 PM »

Reagan.

The truth hurts, doesn't it? While I'm telling the truth, 80% of our national debt was accumulated under Reagan and both Bushes.

Well, Reagan increased taxes on them after giving them a tax cut, while allowing his tax cuts for the rich to remain in place. I'm sure the rich didn't need their taxes to be massive reduced from 70% to 28%. Also, Reagan began the process of allowing millions of American jobs to be outsourced to developing countries. Whose jobs do you think were taken? Certainly not those of the rich.

That is entirely different then "hating" the poor and middle class. "Hate" is a strong word, my friend, and the notion that he sat in his office professing his hatred for the lower classes is simply laughable.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 06:24:27 PM »

Reagan.

Well, Reagan increased taxes on them after giving them a tax cut, while allowing his tax cuts for the rich to remain in place. I'm sure the rich didn't need their taxes to be massive reduced from 70% to 28%. Also, Reagan began the process of allowing millions of American jobs to be outsourced to developing countries. Whose jobs do you think were taken? Certainly not those of the rich.

That is entirely different then "hating" the poor and middle class. "Hate" is a strong word, my friend, and the notion that he sat in his office professing his hatred for the lower classes is simply laughable.

I never used the word "hate" to describe Reagan's attitutde towards ordinary Americans. That was NiK.

You've done it before, or used words similar to hate.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 06:28:46 PM »

Reagan.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies