Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:45:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 307154 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« on: April 17, 2008, 04:27:51 PM »

Hold up - there are actually very legitimate reasons for teaching kids how to learn the ukulele. I'll go into it when we get to the debate, but google it - you should find several articles. The UK recently adopted it as part of a national curriculum.

So in other words, it's not a joke bill.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 01:46:26 PM »

I'm not so sure about the budget one yet... if we reinstitute the GM, couldn't we potentially solve the problem of not having a basis for the budget? Or were there bigger reasons why the budget turned out to be such a disaster? (It was before my time, so I'm not well versed on it)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 11:15:29 AM »

Amendment to Abolish the Southeast

1. The citizens of the Southeast region have consistently proven they are not capable of governing themselves
2. For the citizens' own protection, the Southeast regional government shall be abolished and the duties of governing the region shall be ceded to the various other regional governments
3. The cessions will go as follows:
  • The states of Texas and Louisiana will be hereafter governed by the Pacific regional government
  • The states of Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama will be hereafter governed by the Midwest regional government
  • The states of Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina will be hereafter governed by the Mideast regional government
  • The states of Georgia and Florida will be hereafter governed by the Northeast regional government

I'm about 5% serious
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 04:59:39 PM »

1. The citizens of the Southeast region have consistently proven they are not capable of governing themselves
2. For the citizens' own protection, the Southeast regional government shall be abolished and the duties of governing the region shall be ceded to the various other regional governments
  • The states of Texas and Louisiana will be hereafter governed by the Pacific regional government
  • The states of Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama will be hereafter governed by the Midwest regional government
  • The states of Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina will be hereafter governed by the Mideast regional government
  • The states of Georgia and Florida will be hereafter governed by the Northeast regional government

I'm about 5% serious

You forgot Puerto Rico. Bad.

My mistake. Puerto Rico shall be governed by the Northeast.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 09:28:23 PM »

I'm about 5% serious

You forgot Puerto Rico. Bad.

Another concern is a non-contiguous Northeast. I would say give Georgia, Florida, & Puerto Rico to the Mideast, who in turn would give D.C. & Maryland to the Northeast, along with Missouri to the Midwest. Or a plan along those lines.

For the congruity, you could give a coastal territory of 1/12 foot from the South Carolina to Maryland and the Outer Banks.
For the purposes of redistricting, back when we bothered with that tiresome good-for-nothing process, Puerto Rico was considered adjacent to Florida and Maine, so by that standard the NE is contiguous.

Of course! My intention all along
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 01:28:35 AM »

Could someone introduce a bill that abolishes filing deadlines, or at least makes them much more reasonable? There's no reason for them to be so far out from the opening of polls.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 01:33:08 AM »

So was Earl just late in putting up the absentee booth? Why were SPC and gporter denied ballot access?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 01:42:42 AM »

My point is that the only reason we have filing deadlines in real life is because it takes a while to print up ballots, voters pamphlets, etc. There's no reason that we can't have the filing deadline right up until the opening of the absentee booth in this game though.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 01:44:49 AM »

But that's stupid and I don't like it.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 06:03:24 AM »

After careful examination of the Constitution and OSPR, I do seem to have found a "nuclear option" if necessary. Hopefully Lewis will be along in the next few hours and everything will be fine and dandy by tomorrow evening though.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 06:47:24 PM »

This is ridiculous. I demand bimetallism.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 07:01:12 PM »

This is ridiculous. I demand bimetallism.

Fine, provided that the other metal is aluminum. Tongue

Outrage. Action must be taken.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 07:13:49 PM »

$30 per troy ounce of silver or else
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 07:09:12 PM »

Troll Banishment Act

With the unanimous agreement of the Atlasian Senate and the President, an Atlasian considered a "troll" may be banished from Atlasia. They are not allowed to vote or participate in Atlasia in any way, shape or form.

Please? Anyone?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 02:46:00 AM »

It was intended as satire, but if people actually like the idea then by all means...
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 06:44:30 AM »

In real life the legislature does not imprison people after a quick vote.

Unfortunate but true.

I would actually support legislation making trolling a criminal offense. Someone write that up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies