Georgia will be counted quickly on election night
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:54:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Georgia will be counted quickly on election night
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia will be counted quickly on election night  (Read 391 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2024, 05:33:54 PM »

100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 05:40:09 PM »

Good!  Quicker counting of key states on election night both lets us know sooner and helps to alleviate the formation of the conspiracies that came from late counting in 2020.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 05:43:08 PM »

Good.
TechbroMBA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 05:57:59 PM »

Somehow Fulton and Dekalb will  up.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 06:39:23 PM »

As a goal that is all well and good but what happens if they are not done counting lawfully cast  absentees by then? No matter how much some people wish you could you can't simply stop the count before you are done.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2024, 06:55:17 PM »

As a goal that is all well and good but what happens if they are not done counting lawfully cast  absentees by then? No matter how much some people wish you could you can't simply stop the count before you are done.
There is a difference between maybe 5-10% of remaining absentee ballots needing a little extra time, and a county outright refusing to count it on time and procrastinating. If its the latter then its probably going to be hell for everyone.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2024, 07:07:29 PM »

Biden is 3% behind in GA hopefully it comes in for him Cross my fingers, if Trump loses any of the Sunbelt states it's over GA, NC, AZ or NV because of NEB 2 and ME 2 gets Biden to 270

We still haven't seen no poll from ME 2 it's not assured Trump until they poll the Sen race with Angus King
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2024, 07:08:51 PM »

The situation is more complex than the NBC story makes it sound.  Here is the full text of the new bill: https://www.legis.ga.gov/api/legislation/document/20232024/229370.  The change in question requires the results of absentees received by Monday (i.e. the day before the election) to be reported within an hour after the polls close.  Absentees can still be received up until poll closing time on Election Day (or even later, for military/overseas voters) and they will be counted, but they're not included in the above requirement.

xavier110
United States
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2024, 07:32:10 PM »

The situation is more complex than the NBC story makes it sound.  Here is the full text of the new bill: https://www.legis.ga.gov/api/legislation/document/20232024/229370.  The change in question requires the results of absentees received by Monday (i.e. the day before the election) to be reported within an hour after the polls close.  Absentees can still be received up until poll closing time on Election Day (or even later, for military/overseas voters) and they will be counted, but they're not included in the above requirement.

Does GA allow Election Day drop offs?

AZ basically already does the above (1 hour after polls close, they drop all the early vote from right before EDay)…the confounding factor is that we allow people to drop their mail ballots off in person up to polls closing, and then those take forever to process vs. just voting in person.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2024, 07:52:44 PM »

Does GA allow Election Day drop offs?

AZ basically already does the above (1 hour after polls close, they drop all the early vote from right before EDay)…the confounding factor is that we allow people to drop their mail ballots off in person up to polls closing, and then those take forever to process vs. just voting in person.

I believe the following is true, but it's from memory so I won't guarantee it. Smiley

You can drop off an absentee ballot in an official dropbox or at a county's election office until polls close on Election Day.  But you can't drop off a filled-out absentee at a regular polling location; I think the poll workers will spoil that ballot and have you vote in person on a machine instead.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2024, 07:57:24 PM »

Good!  Quicker counting of key states on election night both lets us know sooner and helps to alleviate the formation of the conspiracies that came from late counting in 2020.

I don't think that it will. They will find some new excuse to assert that the election was stolen if Biden wins.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2024, 09:45:46 PM »

As it should be. Say what you will about Florida, but at least we get our results in quick even if it goes the wrong way.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2024, 10:00:50 PM »

Thanks Georgia

--

Georgia was never the worst offender when it came to counting speed - the slowness seems to be a problem pretty isolated to a few of the state's larger Democratic leaning counties. Hopefully this will help even things out as those are the counties that also tend to have a lot of mail votes.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2024, 12:51:47 PM »

California could use that law. Like I get that we allow them to come in by Friday and that’s fine in my book, but there shouldn’t be any reason why the counties here can’t get the ones they’ve already received done in a more timely manner.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies