In other news, the Pub platform still is anti gay, all the way (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 06:05:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  In other news, the Pub platform still is anti gay, all the way (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In other news, the Pub platform still is anti gay, all the way  (Read 1734 times)
jollyschwa
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -9.04

« on: July 20, 2016, 01:04:12 PM »

but at least it's just a gesture, not like any of this would ever find itself in legislation.

It would eventually if they win a few consecutive elections.  If you don't condone this sort of behavior, don't reward it.

Of course I don't condone this but lol at the idea of voting Democrat, I'm not a one issue voter. Also, I really don't think most GOP politicians even have the intentions of passing this kind of legislation. Trump certainly wouldn't, and hell, even Ted Cruz said one time that overturning Obergefell vs Hodges was low on his priority list, Ted F'ing Cruz!

I'm not a one issue voter either, but some issues are more important than others to me.  I could never vote for a party whose platform includes blatant discrimination.
jollyschwa
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 01:30:43 PM »

Good grief.  How on earth could anyone be offended by that platform?  It merely spells out what every one of us knew was told to be true when we were kids.  Get over it!

jollyschwa
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 02:01:21 PM »

People should be allowed to enter into "civil unions".  Even straight people who don't want to be married but do want to have a partner to share assets and things like that, could go that route with a person of opposite or same sex.  But this idea that marriage can be anything but one man and one woman is bizarre; dreamed up by liberal elites who dispise traditional conservative values.  They want to make the world a perfect place for all, which is impossible and actually spreads misery.
The 2016 GOP platform is the platform of the people!

I love this argument.  Just shows the lack of ability to think for yourself.  If nobody ever told you that marriage is between one man and one woman, you wouldn't believe it. 
jollyschwa
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 02:31:55 PM »

At some point, many of these positions have got to be moral disqualifiers. The mental gymnastics will continue to get more and more complex for moderate Republicans until they realize it's just not worth it.

I would have thought the Muslim ban would do it, but I guess not.

Exactly.  And they'll eventually have to realize that this crap is losing them more voters than it's gaining.  Hence, why their party shrinkage.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies