PA: Strategic Vision: McCain Leads Clinton by 3% in PA and Obama by 10%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:29:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PA: Strategic Vision: McCain Leads Clinton by 3% in PA and Obama by 10%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA: Strategic Vision: McCain Leads Clinton by 3% in PA and Obama by 10%  (Read 2301 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2008, 10:43:11 PM »

New Poll: Pennsylvania President by Strategic Vision on 2008-04-13

Summary: D: 44%, R: 47%, U: 9%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

14. If the election for President were held today and the choices were John McCain, the Republican, and Hillary Clinton, the Democrat for whom would you vote?

John McCain 47%

Hillary Clinton 44%

Undecided 9%

15. If the election for President were held today and the choices were John McCain, the Republican, and Barack Obama, the Democrat for whom would you vote?

John McCain 49%

Barack Obama 39%

Undecided 12%
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 10:47:27 PM »

lol
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 10:49:12 PM »

It's actually what polls were like a couple weeks ago.  Perhaps all the negative campaigning angered the Pennsylvanians?Huh  Perhaps it's a bad sample?Huh
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 10:50:34 PM »

It's actually what polls were like a couple weeks ago.  Perhaps all the negative campaigning angered the Pennsylvanians?Huh  Perhaps it's a bad sample?Huh

I honestly dont know but it doesnt make much sense. I dont see McCain taking Pennsylvania and even if he does hes not taking it by ten points.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 10:51:17 PM »

The less I think about Pennsylvania polling, the better for my health.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 10:51:29 PM »

I'm not sure where last week's Rasmuseen came from, but this one is in line with what we've been seeing for the past few weeks.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 10:52:09 PM »

I honestly dont know but it doesnt make much sense. I dont see McCain taking Pennsylvania and even if he does hes not taking it by ten points.

I do, but not by that much.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 10:53:08 PM »

I'm not sure where last week's Rasmuseen came from, but this one is in line with what we've been seeing for the past few weeks.

Actually, it's essentially Strategic Vision vs. everyone else right now.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 10:55:58 PM »

Actually, it's essentially Strategic Vision vs. everyone else right now.

well, we won't include that uni poll in the results. But yeah, looks to be that way.

I do think McCain will win in Pennsylvania, but not by 10%. More like 2-3%.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 10:58:36 PM »

Which, by the way, is making me uncomfortable.  SV is occasionally Republican-biased, occasionally wrong, but has never before been all out on their lonesome (that I remember).  I guess it's a good thing there's a long way until November...
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 11:03:53 PM »

I just remember Strategic Vision have a strong anti-Cantwell bias in 2006. When it was thought to be close, it was a landslide (in WA standards).
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 11:18:45 PM »

I just remember Strategic Vision have a strong anti-Cantwell bias in 2006. When it was thought to be close, it was a landslide (in WA standards).

They're occasionally quite GOP biased randomly, and that was one of those instances.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 11:53:03 PM »

SV is a GOP firm. Duh.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 01:08:49 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2008, 01:32:36 AM by Eraserhead »

Exactly. It's not like they simply lean Republican, they are a Republican firm. I pay more attention to them in the primaries than in the general for this reason.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 01:29:34 AM »

Post-2004, ignoring Strategic Vision wholesale would be a mistake.  They're not bad, but I really do think they try their best to not have a GOP lean.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 01:31:02 AM »

Ummm... not so much. It's likely just your own wishful thinking. This poll is really not consistent with anything, and it certainly isn't consistent with what will likely happen in real-life (aka not your dream world).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 10:52:17 AM »

Ummm... not so much. It's likely just your own wishful thinking. This poll is really not consistent with anything, and it certainly isn't consistent with what will likely happen in real-life (aka not your dream world).

How can something be consistent with what will happen?
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 10:59:20 AM »

Some of us are aware of the history of Pennsylvania and which way it has leaned the past 20 years. Others live in a dream world where a Republican is just going to walk into the state and win it by 10 points.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 06:43:45 PM »

Some of us are aware of the history of Pennsylvania and which way it has leaned the past 20 years. Others live in a dream world where a Republican is just going to walk into the state and win it by 10 points.

So you're saying it is consistent with Pennsylvania's voting history? Because that's not really the same thing. This poll is, more or less, consistent with what we've seen in the polls out of Pennsylvania this year. Whether it's consistent with Pennsylvania's voting history is another matter. And I frankly don't buy into the concept of consistency with future events.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 07:16:31 PM »

So you're saying it is consistent with Pennsylvania's voting history? Because that's not really the same thing. This poll is, more or less, consistent with what we've seen in the polls out of Pennsylvania this year. Whether it's consistent with Pennsylvania's voting history is another matter. And I frankly don't buy into the concept of consistency with future events.

Actually, this poll really isn't consistent with the polls we've seen out of Pennsylvania this year, and to say otherwise is simply wishful thinking. When all else fails, look at the history of Pennsylvania. The last time it went to the GOP was 20 years ago. And yet Mr. Straight Talk Express John McCain is going to come into the state of Pennsylvania, expound his terrific maverick-ness to the people of Pennsylvania, and win the state by 10 points.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 09:37:29 PM »

Okay...no.

That's not to say Strat. Vision might not be right for how PA looks now...but no one's winning PA by 10 points, and Mac sure as hell won't.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies