Most astonishing election result of the last 50 years (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:48:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Most astonishing election result of the last 50 years (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most astonishing election result of the last 50 years  (Read 5146 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« on: January 30, 2013, 01:50:24 AM »

Astonishing at the time, or astonishing in retrospect, too? The fact that Dems won open seats in MS-1 and AL-2 in the late 2000s would have been considered preposterous before and seems preposterous again. But at the time, it was surprising, but not completely ridiculous.
It's really a shame the GOP mayor of Southaven didn't win that seat in MS-1 because of all the trouble he's gotten himself into lately. It would be that much more hilarious for it to be a national story instead of just a local one. Long story short, after campaigning like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVe9w7stVns
he got caught using the city credit card spending many thousands of dollars going to gay sex shops all over the US and Canada and taking out his 20 something year old hairdresser boyfriend to expensive restaurants. Scandal has been going on for many months now, but he's still the mayor of Southaven as he refuses to resign and while the justice system works slowly, he can't be removed until he's formally convicted of embezzlement and making false statements.

I need to print up some "Don't blame me, I supported Glenn McCullough" bumper stickers.  Of course Davis portrayed him as an eeeevil moderate RINO.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies