Trump Supporter chants Jew-S-A at the press pen
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 09:14:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump Supporter chants Jew-S-A at the press pen
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Trump Supporter chants Jew-S-A at the press pen  (Read 5105 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2016, 02:39:42 PM »

I actually yelled at the people in the press pen in Tallahassee, but I just gave them the universal gesture while walking by Tongue.
Wow, you really are an ass.

They're proud of being deplorable. Yet we're supposedly reaching when we call them Fascists...
You guys don't seem to realize that calling these people deplorables is only driving them out to the polls. You do realize that you, like your own candidate, are engineering your own downfall and are only succeeding in isolating yourselves from the broader public that you should be engaging.
Hey, I call an asshole when I see one.
You must see a lot of assholes out there. Must be a very lonely existence.

I actually yelled at the people in the press pen in Tallahassee, but I just gave them the universal gesture while walking by Tongue.

They're proud of being deplorable. Yet we're supposedly reaching when we call them Fascists...
You guys don't seem to realize that calling these people deplorables is only driving them out to the polls. You do realize that you, like your own candidate, are engineering your own downfall and are only succeeding in isolating yourselves from the broader public that you should be engaging.
Wow, is the racist being triggered by being called a racist?
You've been stalking my posts nonstop for days and you think I'm the one who is triggered? Odd.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2016, 02:40:22 PM »

LOL.
Check-out ChairmanSanchez in his comment above .... "calling these people deplorables ...."
News Flash Sanchez ..... we are calling YOU Deplorable, not just these people.
Even here he needs to deflect.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2016, 02:40:31 PM »

You've been stalking my posts nonstop for days and you think I'm the one who is triggered? Odd.
Stalking, when I have you on ignore, Ok, whatever you say.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2016, 02:41:43 PM »

How are you ignoring me when you've responded to almost every post I've made in the last 24 hours.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2016, 02:43:31 PM »

How are you ignoring me when you've responded to almost every post I've made in the last 24 hours.

Unfortunately, when muteds are quoted, we still have to read their hateful trollish ramblings anyway.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2016, 02:44:10 PM »

It gets hard to ignore when your posts keep getting quoted by people, and the shear idiocy and desperation found in them leaves me no choice but to respond.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2016, 02:45:10 PM »

Nah, just you and the insane orange clown posse.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2016, 02:57:12 PM »

Sanchez, respectably, I'm going to humor with you for a second and ask you how we might otherwise react to characters like, well, these folks.

Yes, you might post back with a video of Hillary or Bernie supporters somewhere saying similarly deplorable things, or retort that they're #NotAllLikeThat, but that would miss the point of the question.  I believe you've made clear here the basic reason you supported and are supporting Trump is to stick it to your own party (and I would guess that your expectations for a Trump victory next week aren't that much better than mine at this point), but if these fine individuals are part of the "broader public" you are speaking of, then I'm genuinely curious to know how they, indeed, might be engaged.  Putting aside the question of whether they should be.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2016, 03:29:01 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2016, 03:30:53 PM by Jacobin American »

If you don't want to be called deplorable, then don't be deplorable. Unlike some, I don't want our party to reach out to Trump voters. I want to see them isolated and relegated to the trash heap of history. And no, you aren't the broader public. Your candidate's supporters are pissed off white bigots who're quickly becoming a minority in this country as thankfully most of your kind are being replaced and outnumbered.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2016, 03:34:41 PM »

Well, you're calling us out about it, so clearly you're either a closet Clinton supporter or you're speaking out of your ass Wink

[/SanchezLogic]
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2016, 03:38:13 PM »

If you don't want to be called deplorable, then don't be deplorable. Unlike some, I don't want our party to reach out to Trump voters. I want to see them isolated and relegated to the trash heap of history. And no, you aren't the broader public. Your candidate's supporters are pissed off white bigots who're quickly becoming a minority in this country as thankfully most of your kind are being replaced and outnumbered.

IDK weather Sanches wants or cares, but would it not be purely game-theoretic optimal to not fire up deplorables if you want to fight/win them?

I mean, I understand why you are glad that Hillary thinks so, but why are you glad that she said it loud? Don't you think it hurts her?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2016, 03:44:42 PM »

Sanchez, respectably, I'm going to humor with you for a second and ask you how we might otherwise react to characters like, well, these folks.

Yes, you might post back with a video of Hillary or Bernie supporters somewhere saying similarly deplorable things, or retort that they're #NotAllLikeThat, but that would miss the point of the question.  I believe you've made clear here the basic reason you supported and are supporting Trump is to stick it to your own party (and I would guess that your expectations for a Trump victory next week aren't that much better than mine at this point), but if these fine individuals are part of the "broader public" you are speaking of, then I'm genuinely curious to know how they, indeed, might be engaged.  Putting aside the question of whether they should be.
The Trump revolt is basically 20-30 years of repressed anger boiling over. It's like a bad marriage disintegrating after the children go off to college. You might not like these people, and there a lot of bad eggs at the Trump rallies who aren't part of the opposition, but when you paint them as someone whose civic worthiness has to be questioned at all, you simply are alienating them.

If you want to engage them, I'd start by advising both parties to actually listen. Do what Trump has done and listen to Middle America. Do what Bernie Sanders did and go listen to coal miners and college students. Do what Rand Paul did and go into the inner cities that haven't seen a Republican candidate in decades. Don't take votes for granted, don't expect people to continue support the tired policies of both parties that hover between generic center-right/center-left, and don't tell them that if they disagree, they are "deplorable."

The reason Trump supporters are so enthusiastic is because there is a literal sense that this may be, at least for a few decades, a "last stand." The political system is risking alienating a sizable portion of the population for good. I'm not talking about Trump or Bernie or any individual. The system itself is writing off potential voters. Turnout is going to start declining in future elections after this one as more and more people begin to realize that the system is, and I don't mean this literally, "rigged." It is a helpless feeling, and it breeds resentment and fear.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2016, 03:56:47 PM »

The Trump revolt is basically 20-30 years of repressed anger boiling over. It's like a bad marriage disintegrating after the children go off to college. You might not like these people, and there a lot of bad eggs at the Trump rallies who aren't part of the opposition, but when you paint them as someone whose civic worthiness has to be questioned at all, you simply are alienating them.

If you want to engage them, I'd start by advising both parties to actually listen. Do what Trump has done and listen to Middle America. Do what Bernie Sanders did and go listen to coal miners and college students. Do what Rand Paul did and go into the inner cities that haven't seen a Republican candidate in decades. Don't take votes for granted, don't expect people to continue support the tired policies of both parties that hover between generic center-right/center-left, and don't tell them that if they disagree, they are "deplorable."

The reason Trump supporters are so enthusiastic is because there is a literal sense that this may be, at least for a few decades, a "last stand." The political system is risking alienating a sizable portion of the population for good. I'm not talking about Trump or Bernie or any individual. The system itself is writing off potential voters. Turnout is going to start declining in future elections after this one as more and more people begin to realize that the system is, and I don't mean this literally, "rigged." It is a helpless feeling, and it breeds resentment and fear.

Yeah. We understand that. Even Hillary said she did in her "Basket of Deplorables" speech. There are a lot of people out there who aren't getting their say or feel that their piece of the pie matters or whether or not they even have it. There has to be another way than to demonize those who they think are represented more yet are struggling just as badly! There is a way we can build houses without tearing down the houses of others. This is why Bernie's and even to small extend Rand's populism was so much better. They believed that we didn't have to ruin the lives of millions to "fix" the system. Then again, there are people who don't avail themselves to help. Just like there may be millions in big cities who for whatever reason can't get into a virtuous cycle that ends up with them reconciled to the community and to their own welfare, there are many people in places like West Virginia that can't do the same and probably for a lot of the same reasons that people in the big cities can't. They live in the past. They think that because they always had the same jobs, they should always be always be allowed to have that very job and that if they aren't allowed to have those jobs, then they are victims. The point I am trying to make is that I am pretty certain we should be able to live without a Government OK but that Government can give everyone a chance to get together and make our lives better and have a more direct role in how we turn out. That actually means that we take advantage of what we start. That might mean moving, going back to school, and going to see a therapist and even getting on Medicaid.   
rafta_rafta

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2016, 04:00:20 PM »

Oh please, I have no sympathy for these inbred hicks who spout racism and use economic anxiety as an excuse. The racist Trump supporters need to be called out for what they are - deplorable.

Plus, the white working class in America has enjoyed privilege for centuries. They are far better placed historically then African Americans who were legally discriminated against for the entire American History except the last 50 years. You don't see Hispanics and African Americans spouting racist sh**t despite being in poverty nor are they electing barn burner candidates.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2016, 04:05:46 PM »

Ethno-culture war is on. Let's nip it in the bud and never give them the power.

Is this the real agenda of many of the red avatars here?

Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2016, 04:08:30 PM »

Frightening to think these people will be running the country in less than 100 days. But it's reality.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2016, 04:09:13 PM »

Frightening to think these people will be running the country in less than 100 days. But it's reality.

lel
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2016, 04:12:20 PM »

ChairmanSanchez,
Don't get all pissy at people who call you out for being a Deplorable.
When you gloat and post something like you did (above), you deserve all the bullets and bombs coming your way.
It's like wearing a shirt that says "I'm an Assh**e" and then being upset for people calling you one.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2016, 04:12:28 PM »

How, precisely, do those taking big stances on 'never giving them power' and 'isolating them and consigning them to the trash heap of history' propose to do so? I mean, you can't really do that to 30, 35, 40 (depending of course on how many Trump supporters are considered to be deplorable) percent of the electorate using the mechanisms of a liberal democracy in the current form of the United States.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2016, 04:23:59 PM »

How, precisely, do those taking big stances on 'never giving them power' and 'isolating them and consigning them to the trash heap of history' propose to do so? I mean, you can't really do that to 30, 35, 40 (depending of course on how many Trump supporters are considered to be deplorable) percent of the electorate using the mechanisms of a liberal democracy in the current form of the United States.

Considering our side has the demographic advantage, which is increasing year by year, they can either drop the bigoted, white nationalist nonsense or face being in the permanent political minority (or at least blocked from the Presidency indefinitely).
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2016, 04:26:43 PM »

Yeah. We understand that. Even Hillary said she did in her "Basket of Deplorables" speech. There are a lot of people out there who aren't getting their say or feel that their piece of the pie matters or whether or not they even have it. There has to be another way than to demonize those who they think are represented more yet are struggling just as badly! There is a way we can build houses without tearing down the houses of others. This is why Bernie's and even to small extend Rand's populism was so much better. They believed that we didn't have to ruin the lives of millions to "fix" the system. Then again, there are people who don't avail themselves to help. Just like there may be millions in big cities who for whatever reason can't get into a virtuous cycle that ends up with them reconciled to the community and to their own welfare, there are many people in places like West Virginia that can't do the same and probably for a lot of the same reasons that people in the big cities can't. They live in the past. They think that because they always had the same jobs, they should always be always be allowed to have that very job and that if they aren't allowed to have those jobs, then they are victims. The point I am trying to make is that I am pretty certain we should be able to live without a Government OK but that Government can give everyone a chance to get together and make our lives better and have a more direct role in how we turn out. That actually means that we take advantage of what we start. That might mean moving, going back to school, and going to see a therapist and even getting on Medicaid.   
Folks (Trump-supporting and otherwise) are angry because elites have cavalierly imposed a Global Economy on their lives that has caused dislocation at the worst possible time.  The solutions to the dislocation sound great when some millennial posts them, not fully comprehending the reality of the dislocated.

Many of the dislocated can't just move.  They don't have the ability to afford housing in more prosperous urban locales.  Even if they wanted to, they can keep a dumpy roof over their head in much of WV or KY (for example), and they at least have some networks of family there.  But they can't just move; they will, undoubtedly, move to a more expensive locale, where there will be minimal family support.

Yes, there is retraining, but many of the folks receiving retraining have depleted their savings.  They have to work somehow.  The most lucrative jobs available through retraining often require a move and require the most lengthy training.  Shorter term "retraining" leads to a crummier job.

Then, there's the issue of the discrimination these workers face.  All of them face the discrimination that corporate employers engage in against the long-term unemployed.  HR execs won't readily admit it, but if a person has been unemployed for 6 months or more, his resume' isn't going to get serious attention in all likelihood; they figure that if you were worth a crap, someone would have hired you already.  Then, there's the issue of age discrimination.  Most of the dislocated folks we are talking about are older workers; they face the discrimination of a youth-oriented HR culture that sees older workers as tired, injured, sick, tired, slower, and less oriented to current technology.  HR execs don't give a flying cow turd about the experience of these folks, their maturity, and they certainly don't care about their need for a job.

And no one cares.  There are economic incentives and PR incentives to hire racial minorities, ex-offenders, women, the disabled, but no incentives to hire these folks.  They see themselves as being kicked to the curb when they are down, and after they did they're part of what they were told was expected of them in society.  Millenials and Gen-Xers that run HR departments these days act as if the "Social Contract" never existed, and, to be fair, they aren't the ones that made that deal with those folks.  

This is real world stuff.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2016, 04:39:07 PM »

I really enjoyed this post and I really look forward to a lot of post election dialogue and analysis of the Trump/Bernie phenomena and what was behind it. It's been a fascinating year, because through my direct (internships/campaign/AFP employment) and indirect exposure (going to bluegrass festivals/having a father and uncle with blue collar jobs/first year and a half of college) has really awakened me to parts of the country that have existed in plain sight. It is part of the reason why I have moved slightly away from libertarianism, actually (obviously I'm still very much a free marketer but you've seen the differences I'm sure) recently.

A few clarifications/counterpoints I want to make:

Yeah. We understand that. Even Hillary said she did in her "Basket of Deplorables" speech. There are a lot of people out there who aren't getting their say or feel that their piece of the pie matters or whether or not they even have it.

The thing about that speech is that it was exactly what Hillary meant by "deplorables." Sure, she misspoke. I knew that wasn't what she meant to say when she "half." Everyone knew that was not the point she was trying to make in the speech.

The problem out here is that most of us also knew that the point of the speech wasn't what is in her heart. She does think half of this country, even a small slice of them who are voting for her, are "deplorable." Just not for those reasons. Hillary Clinton's agenda and record, for all the talk about "working families," "children," "an America that works for everyone," doesn't pass the smell test. To quote Buddy Roemer, Hillary has been at the trough so long that she couldn't smell a pig.

Hillary Clinton's record shows that she has aided and abetted the economic genocide of Middle America. When my Uncle was just a bit older than me in 1991, he worked in a plastics factory and was quickly rising through the ranks. That factory is still pumping out products, but they had to move it from Charlotte to Chennai. He drives a truck now and just paid off his house. That was something he hoped to do five years ago.

What about the soldiers who went to war and lost limbs for a lie presented to Congress by her husband's successor. She could have taken a stand. Robert Byrd was as establishment as you could get in Washington and he wasn't particularly liberal either. He voted against Iraq. Hillary voted for it.

While Hillary Clinton divides her time between mansions in Washington and Chappaqua and plots her next political move, most observers are more curious as to how she can afford those mansions. The Clintons were broke when they left the White House. They were so poor that they literally stole some of the furniture. How did they make that much money? Do people not have the right to at least be suspicious?

There has to be another way than to demonize those who they think are represented more yet are struggling just as badly!

Trump hasn't demonized anyone who isn't worthy of condemnation. Illegal immigrants are viewed by most Americans as criminals, even if their motivations for coming here are accepted. Everyone understands that his comments weren't reflective of all illegal immigrants; that was so obvious that it shouldn't been said. When the media however came to the attack and took up the cause of the illegal immigrants, many Americans realized that the media just isn't aware of the effects of illegal immigration. I think most posters are as aloof as the media when it comes to that matter.

There is a way we can build houses without tearing down the houses of others. This is why Bernie's and even to small extend Rand's populism was so much better. They believed that we didn't have to ruin the lives of millions to "fix" the system.
The problem is, the "ruined" millions are not the victims. In fact, they are more or less the equivalent of a weapon used in a crime. The people who are angry enough to support Trump are the people who have the most to lose here. The immigration issue is a class issue at its heart and class differences are playing out here. An upper middle class white Democrat from a northern state might not be exposed to this, but I can assure you it is very, very real. Come to Florida, drive up I-75 a bit, maybe stop and get off in Wildwood and talk to somebody in a gas station or something. You'll hear it.

Then again, there are people who don't avail themselves to help. Just like there may be millions in big cities who for whatever reason can't get into a virtuous cycle that ends up with them reconciled to the community and to their own welfare, there are many people in places like West Virginia that can't do the same and probably for a lot of the same reasons that people in the big cities can't. They live in the past. They think that because they always had the same jobs, they should always be always be allowed to have that very job and that if they aren't allowed to have those jobs, then they are victims.
This is what I mean when I talk about "economic genocide" as a concept. If there are companies offering to give these people jobs, and if these people want these jobs, then why take them away? This is particularly personal because I come from a West Virginia family on my mothers side. Why is it that the people there have to change? Why isn't Hillary Clinton as interested in shutting down, say, tobacco farms that use illegal Guatemalan migrant workers as young as 9 to pick the crop? Why is it that those jobs matter but not the ones in West Virginia? Is it because the nine year old, natural born American son of two Guatemalan migrant workers in a swing state like North Carolina worth more politically to her?

The point I am trying to make is that I am pretty certain we should be able to live without a Government OK but that Government can give everyone a chance to get together and make our lives better and have a more direct role in how we turn out. That actually means that we take advantage of what we start. That might mean moving, going back to school, and going to see a therapist and even getting on Medicaid.   
Trump is not going to abolish Medicaid or public school, and he has voiced support for single payer healthcare. This is Donald Trump, not Paul Ryan.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2016, 04:40:46 PM »

Enter stage-left .... FuzzyBear (again).
All the personal economic difficulties from disenfranchised trump supporters justifies their disgusting bigotry, racism and sexist rhetoric.
Why cant you all just swallow this ?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2016, 04:45:12 PM »

Considering our side has the demographic advantage, which is increasing year by year, they can either drop the bigoted, white nationalist nonsense or face being in the permanent political minority (or at least blocked from the Presidency indefinitely).
The demographic advantage is really hillarious, considering that Hispanic voter registration proportionally remains almost the same as in 2012 despite the huge surge that everyone has been predicting. I'm waiting to see the results of the election before I judge whether or not the power of the Hispanic vote is as strong as the media and some Hispanic community leaders seem to believe. I have a growing hunch that Trump will slightly (less than five points) over perform among Hispanic voters, who I also am starting to think will have a weakened impact if anything.

Frankly I'm actually more worried about Trump's numbers among black voters. Black America is the biggest victim of illegal immigration and I thought for a time that Trump would outdo even Rand Paul when it comes to sincere outreach to black America, but that was before I realized that Trump's standing in black America is severely weakened due to his birther nonsense and other past statements that I was unaware of until the campaign. If Rand Paul ran on Trump's platform, minus the bluster, the GOP could come close to scratching 15%, maybe even 20% among African Americans, who usually have very good turnout IIRC.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2016, 06:13:39 PM »

Trump hasn't demonized anyone who isn't worthy of condemnation. Illegal immigrants are viewed by most Americans as criminals, even if their motivations for coming here are accepted. Everyone understands that his comments weren't reflective of all illegal immigrants; that was so obvious that it shouldn't been said. When the media however came to the attack and took up the cause of the illegal immigrants, many Americans realized that the media just isn't aware of the effects of illegal immigration. I think most posters are as aloof as the media when it comes to that matter.

This statement is true, and it begs to be recognized.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies