Republicans.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:38:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Republicans.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans....  (Read 3416 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 25, 2012, 11:38:20 PM »

I made 30,000 calls in 2010, organized students for sign wavings, and recruited and trained dozens of republicans to make phone calls and also participate at events.

With Romney as the nominee I will consider voting for him. I will vote for third party if there's a good conservative candidate because I see no way Romney could possibly beat Obama. If Colorado actually ends up being close, I'll vote for Romney reluctantly.

Our Congressional candidate, Joe Coors, lacks energy (since he's almost 80) and is a pretty terrible candidate, though his staff is way better than Ryan Frazier's (they even got the lease from Perlmutter's campaign HQ which he's had since 08). We don't have any state-wide elections. I might organize for our State Rep who was restricted into a lean-Dem district compared to an evenly split one, or for another State Rep who's district I used to be in.

Other than that, I think I'm going to sit this one out. Our candidates our weak, and so the energy is already low, and it is honestly pointless for me to try to GOTV and recruit volunteers when they don't have a cause worth fighting for. It was tough enough in 2010, with a good year and awesome candidates (IMO).

Our party leadership is mostly poor, but compared to Nevada and Maine we have the slickest machine running. I don't see how we can run against the Obama campaign like this. They were d*mn good last time in Jefferson County, and all of Colorado for that matter. I worked with some of the people in charge of the area on a city council campaign (yes I've worked for democrats Wink ) and the Obama campaign did a truly amazing job.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 03:45:45 PM »

A-Bob, why is your avatar D-CO if you're a republican? Just curious.

The state party is crappy, the national campaign the RNC is about to run is already a joke, and I'm warming up to moderate and liberal ideals, more socially than economically like gay marriage (which I think is a state-by-state issue that the people and/or legislator should decide) and the death penalty. Over the last few years I did do a 180 on foreign aid and am now a complete advocate for it.

So I'm a conservative, becoming more moderate, but don't always consider myself a Republican. Especially when it comes to local races (though non-partisan), I usually almost always end up supporting the Democrat.

And whoever said the budget can't be balanced, yell that to the media in the 90s Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 06:28:20 PM »

A-Bob, why is your avatar D-CO if you're a republican? Just curious.

The state party is crappy, the national campaign the RNC is about to run is already a joke, and I'm warming up to moderate and liberal ideals, more socially than economically like gay marriage (which I think is a state-by-state issue that the people and/or legislator should decide) and the death penalty. Over the last few years I did do a 180 on foreign aid and am now a complete advocate for it.

So I'm a conservative, becoming more moderate, but don't always consider myself a Republican. Especially when it comes to local races (though non-partisan), I usually almost always end up supporting the Democrat.

And whoever said the budget can't be balanced, yell that to the media in the 90s Wink
I really think you ought to switch that avatar to I-CO, makes more sense. I agree, the state GOP is a joke.  No organization at all, Joe Coors running is WAY too old (he needs to retire) enjoy life a little.  I live in CD-7, in Adams county and he represents my district. 

The Jeffco Assembly forbid the use of recording devices, thank the lord. Coors said he was running in CD-2. I mean he does have a great person story, he was slightly excommunicated with his family for choosing to marry his wife in college so when he joined the company years later he started entry level and worked his way up, so he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth as everyone thinks, and he refuses to self-fund (though the fact that he's rich means he should because everyone will automatically assume he is self funding and you need millions to defeat Perlmutter). Luckily, Ryan Call is a smart guy, unfortunately he doesn't see every Republican as a member of the team and lead the coup against Dan Maes, putting together a list of names of County Leaders who refused to support Dan Maes at their HQ, which is beyond illegal. Vote for Tancredo, but as Denver Chair you better support the Republican candidate for office!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies