Fiscal Cliff Deal is Reached (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:23:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Fiscal Cliff Deal is Reached (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fiscal Cliff Deal is Reached  (Read 12728 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: January 01, 2013, 02:04:52 AM »

another crisis invented and 'solved'made even worse by the permanent-state-of-emergency state.

Fixed

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 07:37:50 PM »

I thought you were suppouse to fall off the Cliff if a deal weren't reached before today. When is the actual deadline for actually falling off the cliff?

Going a bit over the cliff isn't as bad as were led to believe, but sadly we are going with a terrible deal that is worse than no deal. The only real serious short term consequence would have been some unemployment checks stopping.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 08:36:31 PM »

I thought you were suppouse to fall off the Cliff if a deal weren't reached before today. When is the actual deadline for actually falling off the cliff?

Going a bit over the cliff isn't as bad as were led to believe, but sadly we are going with a terrible deal that is worse than no deal. The only real serious short term consequence would have been some unemployment checks stopping.

Oh I'm aware the cliff is really no cliff, and I'm more than sceptical to the deal. But what I meant (to clairify) is what date has a deal have to be passed before raised taxes and automatic spending cuts start kicking in?

Yesterday.

Clearly the world as we know it ended today.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 10:47:53 PM »

Looks like the majority of House Republicans might vote no on this gift horse. But that it would still pass by winning huge with Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies