Sanders to hold video address for supporters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:22:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders to hold video address for supporters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanders to hold video address for supporters  (Read 5156 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 16, 2016, 07:03:13 PM »

will he "drop out" without actually dropping out?

Will he get a big speaking slot at the convention?

This has been my guess from the start. It'll probably be something along the lines of suspending his campaign now that the votes are cast.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 07:51:26 PM »

I've voted Clinton and have largely preferred her over Sanders but some of the whiny posts here are really tempting me to stay home and not vote...

If this is how people react to what was largely a civil campaign then maybe the country doesn't deserve better than Trump.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 08:00:48 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2016, 08:02:24 PM by Hammy »

Well, I'm not sure what the point of this was...

That's basically been my thinking on the Bernie campaign for the last couple of months.  

I've voted Clinton and have largely preferred her over Sanders but some of the whiny posts here are really tempting me to stay home and not vote...

If this is how people react to what was largely a civil campaign then maybe the country doesn't deserve better than Trump.

Respectfully, Sanders has a right to be heard and his issues debated. But there was literally NO point to this speech. There were two sentences about the democratic nominee.

His message about getting new people into public service is GOOD. Just as long as they are a little more reality-based.

jfern needs help. That level of paranoia, anger and bitterness cannot be good for mind, body or soul.

To me, the message came off as a call to action from his supporters, many of which said they were giving up on being politically active if he didn't win--if they stay home the Republicans will continue to control most everything at state level since the turnout during midterms tends to be so low. This was putting it to his supporters, fine tuned to the way they needed to hear it, not to let this keep happening.

If annoymous forum posts are enough to sway you from voting then I really dont know what to tell you.

I have little faith as it is in a country that allowed Trump to get the nomination, and if Clinton's supporters are going to act like Trump's, then the way I see it this country will get what it deserves if Trump is elected.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 08:05:39 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I beg your pardon?

So much salty whining about a speech calling for people to remain engaged in the process.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 08:18:26 PM »

Its sounds like hes planning to endorse her eventually. Still, if he doesn't get his way I'm worried about a Jerry Brown 92 redux.

He knows how his supporters are, he's become well familiarized with all the Clinton booing we saw at his rallies. He's doing what I've pretty much expected he'd do--try to keep them engaged and let them down very slowly--he probably won't formally withdraw until close to the end of the month. If he leaves too early many of his supporters will likely turn on him and end up going to Trump out of spite.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 08:36:47 PM »

Let's keep this in perspective, this was a message to his supporters to thank them and carefully explain that he will be endorsing Clinton eventually and that people who worked for and agree with his platform are desperately needed in local and state politics.  Are you folks really disagreeing with that?
If you read the posts that I and several others (but not all) have made on the matter, you would know the answer.  He could do all those things while still endorsing her now.  Keeping this going does nothing but hurt all of the causes that he championed in this race.  He's shooting himself in the foot if he keeps going without dropping out.

If he endorses her two days after the last primary I can almost guarantee his followers would accuse him of being bought off and throw him under the bus, and he'd basically have no influence on them after.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 08:43:05 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2016, 08:46:56 PM by Hammy »

Let's keep this in perspective, this was a message to his supporters to thank them and carefully explain that he will be endorsing Clinton eventually and that people who worked for and agree with his platform are desperately needed in local and state politics.  Are you folks really disagreeing with that?
If you read the posts that I and several others (but not all) have made on the matter, you would know the answer.  He could do all those things while still endorsing her now.  Keeping this going does nothing but hurt all of the causes that he championed in this race.  He's shooting himself in the foot if he keeps going without dropping out.

If he endorses her two days after the last primary I can almost guarantee his followers would accuse him of being bought off and throw him under the bus, and he'd basically have no influence on them after.
Then those supporters would have been idiots who deserve no mention.  Anyone who would rather have Trump instead of Hillary on the Left are both cowards and entitled children who won't be hurt by a Trump Presidency, unlike the Hispanic, Native American, Black, Poor, Women, Gays, Muslims, and most any other minority group.

Not disagreeing at all on that, but isn't it better to be patient and bring them into the fold to guarantee Trump doesn't win, then for Sanders (who knows how they are) to act too early and guarantee they vote Trump out of spite?

Remember the saying about idiots in large numbers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies