Department of Federal Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:58:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections  (Read 72946 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: April 24, 2017, 02:46:59 PM »

I thank the people of Atlasia for retaining the working Federalist majority in the HoR.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 05:31:51 PM »

I thank the people of Atlasia for retaining the working Federalist majority in the HoR.
What Federalist majority? Labor has a plurality right now!

ACP + Dereich are federalist allies.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 05:16:09 PM »

I do think the real results need to be posted eventually, including the numbers. Doesn't have to be today, but this can't be sufficient.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 01:42:39 PM »

I have to say that it's still not really clear to me. So the quota was 12, CMB, Fhtagn, Leinad, Pessimistic, Peebs and Yankee were elected on the first count, Novella was eliminated with the fewest votes, then Alpha and cxs were elected because they had more votes than Poirot?

Go to column O and scroll straight down and you will see the full results for each round.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 11:54:38 AM »

The fact that both major political parties regularly settle for a narrow 5-4 majority seems strange. Is there any particular reason that parties don't often go for a bigger majority?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 09:10:50 PM »

LOL, 9 candidates for 9 seats. Disappointing, Atlasia, Disappointing.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 08:24:15 PM »

Note: ReaganClinton has resigned, but it is too late for him to officially drop out.

So what happens if he still gets enough votes to win a seat?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 06:10:08 PM »

Well this is an interesting result. The opportunist federalist cabal and their opposition both got what they wanted. Condolences to JGibson.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 09:28:55 PM »

Took me long enough. Quota is 12.

CandidateRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5
TexasConservative1612121212
Fhtagn1412121212
Pericles1212121212
Computer891112.214121212
Razze99.6439.64311.64311.643
Jimmy78121111.53611.53811.53811.538
Lechasseur1010.28610.45310.45311.453
Peebs78.1798.1798.17911.179
Weatherboy110299.59.59.7510.75
vern198856.1436.1856.1857.185
adamevans33330
WI: AdamFilinovich33330
WI: MB29822.252.2500
Remaining Seats96555

Check your numbers again, the total you have for Vern in R1 is far under Atlasian Media Estimates.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 09:42:09 PM »

You also may have an error in the R1 totals for Lechasseur, OSR, and Razze.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 10:29:56 PM »

Due to concerns expressed on discord by myself, YoungTexan, LouisvilleThunder, and others, I hereby request that you include with the new certification a full explanation of how these various errors occurred, as the mere scale of them and the fact that they stem from round 1 highly suggests there was either a high level of incompetence on your part or an attempt to fraud the election.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 10:56:43 PM »

SoFE Peebs would never commit election fraud, she is not opportunistic. It is one mistake and such mistakes have been made before by other SoFE's, I don't think some of you understand how hard it is to do all of this math in one attempt and it's a super reactionary (kind of trumpian) backlash right now...

With respect, I do not think that there is a previous case of an SoFE missing 5 valid first round votes for a given candidate, in conjunction with various other errors.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 11:00:24 PM »

SoFE Peebs would never commit election fraud, she is not opportunistic. It is one mistake and such mistakes have been made before by other SoFE's, I don't think some of you understand how hard it is to do all of this math in one attempt and it's a super reactionary (kind of trumpian) backlash right now...

With respect, I do not think that there is a previous case of an SoFE missing 5 valid first round votes for a given candidate, in conjunction with various other errors.
Similar incident happened in April 2017 and I am sure if I took the time to do serious research of past SoFE's I could find more.

While April 2017 incited controversy because it was so ridiculously close, it did not involve such a dramatic round 1 undercount (5 votes for 1 candidate).
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 11:04:28 PM »

Similar incident happened in April 2017 and I am sure if I took the time to do serious research of past SoFE's I could find more.

While April 2017 incited controversy because it was so ridiculously close, it did not involve such a dramatic round 1 undercount (5 votes for 1 candidate).
Wulfric I'm on Vacation and I need to go to bed, can we continue this on like Thursday or maybe a surrogate could take my place

Find a surrogate if you wish. *shrug*
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2019, 03:46:10 PM »

When's the next federal election? Is it too late to move regions and vote in a new region?

For Federal Elections (House and Senate) there is a 7 day residency requirement, so it is already too late - the Election starts next Friday.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2019, 04:07:07 PM »

Thanks. I'll wait until after the election to move, then.

I'm not happy that Lincoln has adopted a parliamentary system. As an independent who will always remain so, it gives me zero chance at advancement. So I'm either going to move to the only region that doesn't have a stupid Parliament or deregister.

The South would be happy to have you!
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2019, 05:23:56 PM »

Isn't the current chancellor an Independent?

He's a Montfortian, and he allied first with the right and then with the left to get his job.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 06:29:07 PM »

WARNING! Do not vote until 0:00 EST (1:00 EDT)! You will have 72 hours in which to vote - there's no rush!

REPUBLIC OF ATLASIA - In Dave We Trust
Official Ballot

READ THIS FIRST

1. The election will last 72 hours, starting at 0:00 EST Friday June 21 and ending 0:00 EST Monday June 24.

2. You are eligible to vote in this election if you have made 10 posts on the Atlas Forum in the past 8 weeks, have registered as a voter with the Registrar General more than 7 days before the start of the election, and have not had your voting rights stripped as a result of deregistration or a court verdict.

3. You must vote by ranking your choices in the order of your preference: 1 for your first preference, 2 for your second preference, and so on. You may write in preferences for candidates not on the ballot. If you only wish to preference one candidate, marking an X next to the candidate's name or simply writing the candidate's name is sufficient, provided that you do not wish your vote to transfer to other candidates.

4. If you do not wish to vote for any candidate on the ballot nor to write in a candidate, you may vote for None of the Above as your first preference. All candidates ranked under None of the Above will not receive those preferences during the counting of the votes.

5. You are permitted, but not advised, to edit your ballot within 20 minutes of posting it within this thread. Deleting your ballot at any time or editing it after 20 minutes will result in the invalidation of your vote.

6. Please check over your ballot thoroughly before you click "Post". You have no excuse for casting a ballot which contains errors or does not accurately reflect your preferences. Failure to correct errors in your ballot may result in its disqualification. While the alphabetically-ordered ballot below is provided for your convenience should you wish to quote this post, you may order the candidates on your ballot however you would like.

PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT OF ATLASIA

[  ] Adam Griffin/Jimmy7812
Labor Party

[  ] TexasConservative (Young Texan)/vern1988
Federalist Party

[  ] Write-in:______________________________
-__________________

[  ] None of the above

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - NINE SEATS

[  ] alancia of Tennessee
Federalist Party

[  ] fhtagn of Alaska
Atlas Conservative Party

[  ] JacksonHitchcock of California
Independent

[  ] JGibson of Illinois
Labor Party

[  ] lfromnj of New Jersey
Federalist Party

[  ] MB298 of West Virginia
Labor Party

[  ] razze of Florida
Peace Party

[  ] ReaganClinton20XX of Connecticut
Independent

[  ] Tea Party Hater of California
Federalist Party

[  ] Wulfric of Puerto Rico
Labor Party

[  ] YE of Nevada
Peace Party

[  ] Write-in:______________________________
-__________________

[  ] None of the above

Kingpoleon fails to make the ballot, as his running mate failed to declare by June 14. If I get sued and it requires that the election is delayed, so be it.

This is unconstitutional, I'll see you in court.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2019, 12:46:48 AM »

Since ASV failed to provide a sheet of preferences, I'll just make a list of who got elected, and how many first preferences they got, courtesy of Wulfric. If anyone can provide me with a sheet of preferences, I should be able to get the details calculated relatively quickly.

Elcaspar (inc.) - 17
Blair2015 (inc.) - 16

fhtagn (inc.) - 16
razze (inc.) - 16
tack50 - 16
thumb21 (inc.) - 16

LouisvilleThunder (inc.) - 14
ReaganClinton (inc.) - 14
lfromnj - 13

Lakigigar - 6
Write-in: Weatherboy1102 - 2
Write-in: Pericles - 1
Write-in: Peebs - 1

tack edited his vote and Wulfric didn't notice, the actual first prefs are Tack 15, Blair 17

Also, I'm pretty certain archon's vote for lfromnj will be invalid, given he only has 18 posts. That should additionally bring lfromnj down to 12 votes.

No? The post minimum to register is 15, and Archon's 16 pre-election posts are unanimously within the 8 weeks preceding the election.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2019, 11:48:28 AM »

The Atlasian Congress passed a resolution saying it shouldn't be some time ago.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2020, 10:39:40 AM »

I should note that an official certification is required by Noon on Friday.

What happens if the results are not certified by then?

I suggest that we rehold the House Election. Labor deserves more than 55%. Labor deserves six or seven seats.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2021, 03:36:10 PM »

2. re:nerd73, is there precedent on a ballot standing because of post-vote post deletions? I may be misinformed but couldn't one argue that this is in effect a voter consciously invalidating their own ballot, as if they were to edit it after the time limit?

In addition to the above points - that the FEA refers to ‘having made eight posts’, a set of past actions, rather than to a statistic in the present (post count) - there has also, to my understanding, been a legal consensus that invalidations after the election are not permitted and also should not affect the final result if possible.

Keep in mind that if a ballot itself were to be deleted during the time that these post deletions took place, it would fall very directly under the federal crime of ‘ballot tampering’; the name alone here suggests that the status of the election as of the vote closing should be considered final.

And consider the necessary alternative of any other proposal: namely, that every election be allowed to remain in flux all the way through the end of the litigation period - which falls at “one week after certification”. This means that no certification can be truly complete, as it would have to account for possible changes like this in the week after it ism made officia. This despite the FEA also clearly stating “ An official certification is completely final and may only be altered by order of the Supreme Court of Atlasia.”

The textual contradictions here just add up far too quickly - not to mention rather disastrous implications on the game itself.

Thanks.

I'm actually more interested in the evidence presented via YE - can a moderator actually see if someone deleted a post or not (themselves as vs. being moderated)? Genuine question, I don't know whether they can or not.

Moderators have access to a board containing all deleted posts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies