LGB Dignity Bill (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:40:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LGB Dignity Bill (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LGB Dignity Bill (Law'd)  (Read 10576 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 22, 2009, 07:20:38 PM »

This is a good bill. It has my full support.

Despite being unconstitutional?

The courts can rule on that. But these institutions are despicable, immoral and emotionally damaging, and frankly the idea that most people who go to these institutions have a "choice" in doing so is ridiculous.

It doesn't mean the Senate should willfully pass legislation that violates the Constitution.

Uh, you've done that plenty of times. Game Moderator removal, anyone?

Wasn't blatantly unconstitutional and required the court to clarify the matter. There was actually a precedent that implied that it was constitutional.

This is simply unconstitutional and irresponsible governance. In theory I agree, but I can't vote for something that disregards the pillars of our game. I have set out what I would like to see done to make this bill both constitutional and effective.

Furthermore, the Game Moderator removal bill carried with it certainty of being immediately challenged in court. Voting for a bad bill is much more defensible when it is guaranteed to have to face the test of constitutionality as soon as it is passed.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 06:17:58 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2009, 06:19:32 PM by Vice-Chairman PiT »

I can't wait to introduce a "Right to Privacy, Right to Choose" bill, legalizing a host of dangerous and harmful activities with the consent of those involved. I look forward to Purple State's support.

That would of course be a wonderful bill for the Senate to pass, though I somehow suspect that you meant that rather tongue-in-cheek.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies