LGB Dignity Bill (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 11:44:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LGB Dignity Bill (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LGB Dignity Bill (Law'd)  (Read 10625 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: July 22, 2009, 08:38:46 PM »

This bill is disgusting, if people want to better themseleves why should they be denied?  What are we going to ban next, rehab clinics for alcoholics?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 09:53:33 AM »

This bill is disgusting, if people want to better themseleves why should they be denied?  What are we going to ban next, rehab clinics for alcoholics?

That you would even compare the two makes me want to spit on you if I ever ran into you in person.

I have to agree, that was absolutely disgusting.  You imply (actually more than imply) that homosexuality is a disease that those afflicted with should be cured from, if possible.  I would say these things are true about alcoholism.  Homosexuality was taken off the American Psychiatric Associations list of disorder iirc in the 1970's.
What I am implying is that people feel that homosexually is something that they cannot live with and want to try and help themselves, the government should not be in the business of telling them they can't just as much as they should not be in the business of telling them homosexuality is wrong.  The country is taking a dangerous path of giving not an equal field to homosexuals and heterosexuals but putting homosexuals on a pedestal
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 12:59:07 PM »

The only thing sickening here is your disgust for the constitution.  You feel that because your a homosexual and that others feel your lifestyle is wrong, you should be able to squash them.  Why not allow the free exchange of ideas?   Hell, I think astrologers do harm to people, but I am not going to shut them down.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 03:36:16 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Someone watching stars and telling people predictions that rarely come true is comperable to brainwashing and abusing people who cannot accept themselves, sometimes by violant methods? Really?
Indeed.  Some people make life decisions based on this advice, sometimes devestating.  I suggest watching the Penn and Teller special on astrology, a woman thought her child dying of lupus would be alright because an astrologer said so
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 10:49:41 AM »

Well, my next bill will probably be for legalizing electrical shocks as a legal cure, since banning it could bar some people of searching the happiness.

As long as we aren't forcing it upon people, why not? We allow acupuncture. Hell, we allow women to wax their entire bodies. That has to hurt a ton. But they want it for nothing more than comfort and external beauty, so who am I to judge?
I agree, its not the gov't decision to tell people what is and isn't right, it is there to decision to find it out on their own.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 02:28:21 PM »

Maybe because he likes freedom?  I don't know just a shot in the dark
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies