Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 02:08:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)  (Read 142227 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 11, 2018, 05:00:43 AM »

Obvious voter suppression against rural whites. Glad to see you reporting this very important information!

Can't wait to see your GA gubernatorial "model" on election night, it just worked so well in Alabama last year!
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 10:16:26 AM »

Obvious voter suppression against rural whites. Glad to see you reporting this very important information!

Can't wait to see your GA gubernatorial "model" on election night, it just worked so well in Alabama last year!

I think that saying about glass houses applies here...

My 2016 presidential prediction was the 3rd most accurate on Atlas, thank you very much.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 01:28:27 PM »

My 2016 presidential prediction was the 3rd most accurate on Atlas, thank you very much.

Huh, really? I'll take your word for it I guess. How'd you go from that to overestimating Republicans by 10+ points in every election?

According to this forum circa October 2016, I was overestimating Republicans by 10 points. Basically, I knew there was a shy Trump vote that the polls weren't picking up, just like there's a shy GOP vote the polls aren't picking up. This will look far more like 2002 than 2010.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 01:53:40 PM »

Huh, really? I'll take your word for it I guess. How'd you go from that to overestimating Republicans by 10+ points in every election?

According to this forum circa October 2016, I was overestimating Republicans by 10 points. Basically, I knew there was a shy Trump vote that the polls weren't picking up, just like there's a shy GOP vote the polls aren't picking up. This will look far more like 2002 than 2010.

So, you're saying Democrats won't be making significant gains this year? Is there always gonna be a "shy GOP vote" now?

Absolutely, at least until Trump leaves office.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 12:31:14 PM »

Anecdotal, but I'm hearing turnout in Gwinnett is off the chain.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 03:37:46 PM »

Tom Price's evil wife may have lost her seat in the state house.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 01:08:58 AM »

And Gwinnett will continue to have some of the worst traffic in the country. Glad I don't live closeby anymore.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 01:48:03 AM »

Are these people that scared of sharing the train with black people or something

That's some of it, but there are lots of middle/upper class minority NIMBYs in Gwinnett too, this isn't all because of racism.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies