6 Officers Charged In Freddy Gray Death; 2nd Deg. Murder & Manslaughter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:06:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  6 Officers Charged In Freddy Gray Death; 2nd Deg. Murder & Manslaughter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 6 Officers Charged In Freddy Gray Death; 2nd Deg. Murder & Manslaughter  (Read 10515 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: May 02, 2015, 01:34:21 PM »

The two cops charged with assault but not the death are going to be acquitted, full-stop. Those are some weak charges. I could even see them being dismissed early on by an impartial judge.

I think the other four stand a good chance of being convicted, though. The murder charge is going to be very hard to prove, but manslaughter has a good case for it.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 01:46:33 PM »

The Miller/Nero charges were the height of absurdity, and I'm glad justice prevailed (I can't imagine it won't for Miller as well). I just hope these fraudulent prosecutions don't taint the very valid prosecutions of Goodman and the rest.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 11:27:14 AM »

Terrible decision on Goodson, but this is on the head of Marilyn Moseby, who should lose her job over this fiasco.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 09:06:36 AM »

The other prosecutions looked like non-starters from day 1, but I am extremely surprised that the driver was acquitted.

When multiple other prosecutions look like non-starters and the cases fall apart, people start to become skeptical of the whole incident. Unfortunate, but this is why prosecutors can't be allowed to go nuts and cater to the public. Every case needs to go through a carefully selected Grand Jury.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies