The National Weekly Atlasian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:14:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172563 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 03, 2007, 06:06:15 PM »

Here is the National Weekly Atlasian's debate schedule^:

Aug 5-7: District 2 Senatorial Debate (ask a question)
Participants:
*Mr. Moderate

*Candidates have yet to confirm attendance.

I'll confirm.

Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 11:38:58 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Gporter will be very suprised to know that being from Tennessee, he couldn't even if he wanted to!
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 02:23:59 PM »

In District 2, it is clear that Mr. Moderate is the frontrunner, but this race will most likely have more than one round. While Mr. Moderate is favored to win, there is still a contest over who gets to face off against Mr. Moderate in the final round. Although Ernest, Senator DWTL, and AndrewCT are all tied in this poll, I would guess that AndrewCT will be the one who makes it to the final round, due to the amount of Republicans in District 2.

I wouldn't have guessed so from the outset, but two consecutive polls kinda have shown that AndrewCT is in a great position by default.  (Even though Ernest, DWTL, and myself have all been outworking him.)
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 11:59:08 PM »

In District 2, it is clear that Mr. Moderate is the frontrunner, but this race will most likely have more than one round. While Mr. Moderate is favored to win, there is still a contest over who gets to face off against Mr. Moderate in the final round. Although Ernest, Senator DWTL, and AndrewCT are all tied in this poll, I would guess that AndrewCT will be the one who makes it to the final round, due to the amount of Republicans in District 2.

I wouldn't have guessed so from the outset, but two consecutive polls kinda have shown that AndrewCT is in a great position by default.  (Even though Ernest, DWTL, and myself have all been outworking him.)

It's also pretty ironic, considering that I initially thought it would come down to Ernest and DWTL. Tongue

Ah, the power of hard work and ideas!
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 09:23:19 PM »

Here is what the Straw Poll ballot will look like. I will be updating it up to the Straw Poll. Please save your voting for the actual straw poll.

[  ] Senator Keystone Phil
[  ] Fmr. SoEA Speed of Sound
[  ] Lt. Gov. Sensei
[  ] Senator DWTL
[  ] Attorney General King
[  ] Write-in:__________

Until President Wixted declares his intentions, he will remain a candidate under write-in.

More institutional bias against gporter, I see.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 11:42:39 PM »

With that said, DWTL and Ernest's withdrawal makes it almost certain that this race is Mr. Moderate's to lose. Given how well Mr. Moderate has done in recent polling, a defeat in tomorrow's elections would be devastating to his political career.

Lord, no pressure though.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 11:31:33 AM »

UPDATE: Senators EarlAW, BrandonH, and Ebowed have been reelected. Mr. Moderate won Senator DWTL's seat, and District 3 is too close to call.

No offense, but isn't a bit premature to call races before the polls close? Smiley
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 07:42:06 PM »

UPDATE: Senators EarlAW, BrandonH, and Ebowed have been reelected. Mr. Moderate won Senator DWTL's seat, and District 3 is too close to call.

No offense, but isn't a bit premature to call races before the polls close? Smiley

Well, given the way the votes are going, it seems impossible for EarlAW, you, BrandonH, or Ebowed to lose.

Traditionally, the Dilfer voters are usually the last to show up at the polls.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 02:02:04 PM »

Mr. Moderate, EarlAW claim victory; District 3 Headed to Runoff
by South Park Conservative

27 August 2007 - Well, the elections finally happened, and the results surprised many. EarlAW pulled an upset against Verily in District 1, and Mr. Moderate won District 2, as expected. Ebowed and BrandonH both won reelection in their respective districts, to the surprise of no one.
   Perhaps the most interesting senate election of this cycle was the Battle of the Former Presidents in District 3. Whie PBrunsel was thought to be favored to win reelection, as the results came in, it appeared as though Aflietch would win an upset. Due to a last-minute vote by Governor ilikeverin, the end result was a tie, that would be headed to a run-off next weekend.
   Whoever wins the run-off next weekend, this election signifies a significant leftward trend in Atlasia. As of this election, the current makeup of the senate is 5-5, with onservatives and liberals having equal control in the Senate. However, the results of the elections will have the Senate makeup being 6-3, with an additional vote going for whoever wins the runoff.

I guess I'm lumped in with the liberals now?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 06:05:54 PM »

Personally, I'd be disinclined to support the lightbulb bill.  Regular lightbulbs are on their way to extinction via the free markets, and they've yet to come up with a dimmable flourescent lightbulb that actually works satisfactorily.  (And believe me, I've tried to find one.)
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 10:49:40 PM »

Doesn't Governor Fezzy get to appoint Phil's replacement?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 11:17:07 PM »

I wonder who'll Fezzy apoint to fill Keystone Phil's Senate seat? I doubt it'll be me, however if it is, I would accept the position. No questions asked.

The first person to come to my mind was AndrewCT.  It's a logical pick, anyway: a Republican replacing a Republican with another Republican.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 11:20:43 PM »

AndrewCT would make sense, but he might be too liberal for a guy like Fezzy [very conservative] to appoint. Then, I could be wrong.

I thought of that too, but how many conservatives are left in the Northeast?  Even DWTL moved out.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 11:27:47 PM »

AndrewCT would make sense, but he might be too liberal for a guy like Fezzy [very conservative] to appoint. Then, I could be wrong.

I thought of that too, but how many conservatives are left in the Northeast?  Even DWTL moved out.

All I can think of is Rin-chan. He could appoint himself, too, couldn't he?

I don't see why not (other than PR reasons).  Maybe he'll appoint Conan?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 10:38:55 PM »

Senator-elect Afleitch will likely be a swing vote in a heavily liberal 21th Senate. [/tt]

The NLC is working very hard to turn that heavily liberal Senate into a heavily moderate one!
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 02:53:52 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 08:01:43 PM »

I intend to go out and vote for GPorter every day up and until the election, for I fear that is the only way he can win—through massive voter fraud.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 08:00:29 AM »

It is absolutely outrageous that our "esteemed" governor has chosen to see fit to run for two offices simultaneously when he clearly does not have a handle of the one he holds now.

On the other hand, perhaps this is a good thing.  Instead of pure, concentrated failure in a single realm, now our governor can spread his stink of corruption and incompetence across a couple different offices!

AndrewCT is worse than AIDS.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 01:29:05 PM »

You know what, I'm getting sick of these accusations. Find something to back it up, or shut the frick up.

Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 02:03:32 PM »

If you'd prefer more local flavor:
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 02:40:20 PM »

Speculation now shifts to who will run for PPT of the next senate.  Many speculate that senator-in-waiting DWTL may be eyeing the job, although he has already stated he leans against seeking it.  The paper would personally love to see the job go to NCYankee or Afleitch if they feel they have the time to commit.  The reason the paper does not support Tmth is that he has stated his inability to run for re-election based on availability and does not think adding this responsiblity would be good for him.

Lawl.  Keep eyein' it, baby.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies