Anyone else on here both solidly on the left and anti-abortion? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:53:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Anyone else on here both solidly on the left and anti-abortion? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone else on here both solidly on the left and anti-abortion?  (Read 7962 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: November 21, 2011, 02:05:54 PM »

And no, I don't really care about a fetus' life, honestly. Yes, I think a fetus is a living being, but not a self-aware human being. As long as it doesn't even feel pain, I don't really mind killing it. Of course killing a living being is always a bad thing, but don't we kill animals to eat them, or to make scientific experiences ? Yes, a fetus is a life, but not yet a human being. It deserves some dignity, but not the same we give to full human beings.

And what of the severely mentally handicapped? Are they full human beings? And if they aren't, then should they have less rights than the rest of us? And to what place does that lead us?

I think in general that it's better not to philosophise too much over issues like this. Better to accept the necessity of imperfect and necessarily contradictory compromise.

Depending on how you define "full human being" I would say no.  Frankly we shouldn't pour valuable resources into keeping the severely mentally handicapped alive while entire families are having their homes foreclosed on and being tossed out into the street.  Our priorities in America are completely nonsensical.  I've seen severely mentally handicapped people that don't move, don't speak, who can't even feed themselves be admitted to the hospital time after time and have all kinds of interventions done to prolong their lives.  All at the tax payers expense.  If I were to have severe dementia and a stroke I wouldn't want people to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to prolong my "life."

The hundreds of thousands of dollar that were used to prolong the "life" of Terri Schiavo were a complete waste.

Frankly I think all Down syndrome babies should be aborted.

Depending on how you define "full human being" I would say no.  Frankly we shouldn't pour valuable resources into keeping the blacks alive while entire families are having their homes foreclosed on and being tossed out into the street.  Our priorities in America are completely nonsensical.  I've seen black people that don't move, don't speak, who can't even feed themselves be given taxpayer money time after time and have all kinds of interventions done to prolong their lives.  All at the tax payers expense.  If I were to waste money on sneakers and blow, I wouldn't want people to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to prolong my "life."

The hundreds of thousands of dollar that were used to prolong the "life" of a black like Linda Taylor were a complete waste.

Frankly I think all black babies should be aborted.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies