Trump may have just won NC for good
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:52:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump may have just won NC for good
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Trump may have just won NC for good  (Read 4637 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2016, 11:27:33 PM »

Hillary winning NC was always quite a pipe dream from the Democrats.

Trump is heavily favoured there.

Lol. You mustn't been paying attention.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2016, 11:29:02 PM »

In the South, racial tension is always a looser for the Democrats.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2016, 11:29:09 PM »

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this was true, but it might also have the effect of galvanizing turnout among North Carolina's African American community when they see Trump, whom nearly all hold in contempt, come out in support of a local police force that kills and a legal system that systematically targets communities of color.

What a BS lie. Black high crime rates is due to a cultural problem among blacks - IE the glorification of the 'thug life'.

No one forces blacks to commit crimes. And you can't point to me one example of how our system 'targets blacks'.

And blacks being arrested more than other ethnic groups is not proof of anything except that blacks commit crimes at a higher rate. Why is that? As I said, cultural.

I mean what's you're solution here? That the police start ignoring black people who commit crimes? Do you believe that white people who steal, rob, murder, attack police get ignored?

They don't. They just do these things at a much lower rate.

Again, cultural.

I'm afraid the only one spouting BS here is you with your racially charged propaganda.

African Americans live in disproportionate poverty due to historical circumstances not of their choosing (slavery, segregation, institutionalized racism, social discrimination, etc). The American legal system has been discriminatory and oppressive to African Americans. All of these murders making the news today aren't new, we're only just now seeing it regularly thanks to widespread access to cameras and social media. Poverty has been proven consistently to be an intergenerational cycle that's hard to escape, especially when one adds the stigma of darker skin. Lower class areas, predominantly in minority communities, have been neglected in terms of lack of investment in public schools (from which privileged White people can flee to private schools), face systematic targeting, harassment, and surveillance by police (which only leads to further disintegration of communities and increased deviancy; read recent research on the sociology of labeling theory), rampant wealth inequality, perpetual exclusion from the illusionary "American Dream," and frustrated aspirations (which, when coupled with a culture that prioritizes material possessions and dehumanizes the poor, you get envy and deviancy), all of which leads, inevitably, to the flourishing of a counterculture wherein rebellion against the forces that continue to perpetuate your dehumanization, restrict your access to essential resources, and label you a dangerous deviant, becomes the norm.

Essentially, when you continue to delegitimize the grievances of a community, humiliate them, dehumanize them, defend the individuals and institutions that murder their brothers, sons, and fathers, and dismiss the legitimate anger stemming from a long history of ingrained inequality and racism that has allowed these problems to flourish, then how in the hell can you blame them for being angry?

Unless you are African American you have absolutely no right to decide how they should feel or to judge their culture. Maybe if you shut up and listened to these communities when they relate their experiences, instead of acting like a condescending know-it-all bigot who thinks s/he can diagnose what is or is not 'their problem,' then perhaps you'd have a legitimate and respectable position on this subject. Until then, either be quiet or keep making an ass out of yourself.
Black folk shouldn't criticize white culture either.

To say this is to assume that African Americans and their culture share equality in this nation with Whites and their culture. This is not, nor has it ever been, true. One has experienced systematic exploitation, discrimination, racism, hostility, and violence on a massive scale that has embedded itself in nearly every aspect of our society, from media depictions to the judicial system. The other has been the perpetrator of this systematic and societal discrimination that, within the lifetime of millions of African Americans, manifested itself in lynchings, legally enforced segregation of public facilities, and active disenfranchisement on the basis of one's skin color.  Only one group alone in this nation (Whites) is privileged, has built this system of racism, and reacts with hostility whenever they feel that the groups they've kept under their heel for centuries might speak out against their dehumanization. That you believe Whites are not inherently priveleged in this country would be laughable if it wasn't so serious.
We all know that white privilege exists. People just want to stop hearing excuses. No one is owed ANYTHING in America.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2016, 11:29:23 PM »

Based on what quantitative evidence?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2016, 11:31:17 PM »

Based on tonight. You think that white voters are going to sit back and be terrorized out of their cars. Maybe you, but not the people I know.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2016, 11:31:55 PM »

Wait this seems familiar. African Americans upset about civil rights rights, America stuck in controversial war, France falling over itself, Russian Aggression, Turkey had a Coup and backlash from poor white people. It obvious people a 20s/60s liberal revolution is approaching.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2016, 11:32:30 PM »

Based on tonight. You think that white voters are going to sit back and be terrorized out of their cars. Maybe you, but not the people I know.

Oh, now they're terrorists. Good to know.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2016, 11:34:57 PM »

These riots won't help Democrats, because they'll be blamed for "inciting" tensions. White suburbanites turn out for Trump, and some of them switch from Clinton to Trump, blame the riots. Yes, it's blunt, but those voters care a lot more about their safety than social issues in my opinion.

Are you from North Carolina?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2016, 11:36:01 PM »

nah bronz is just someone who spouts inane things on a regular basis. That's what he does.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2016, 11:36:33 PM »

Hillary needs to be in NC tomorrow meeting with community leaders/police it would look very Presidential. She should've done a presser coming out strongly against riots tonight, malpractice of her campaign to not put out anything on this yet.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2016, 11:37:13 PM »

These riots won't help Democrats, because they'll be blamed for "inciting" tensions. White suburbanites turn out for Trump, and some of them switch from Clinton to Trump, blame the riots. Yes, it's blunt, but those voters care a lot more about their safety than social issues in my opinion.

Are you from North Carolina?
I have family and friends there, of both races. I'm just tired.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2016, 11:37:46 PM »

Hillary needs to be in NC tomorrow meeting with community leaders/police it would look very Presidential. She should've done a presser coming out strongly against riots tonight, malpractice of her campaign to not put out anything on this yet.

I think injecting herself in a delicate situation at this point would be a bad idea.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2016, 11:40:13 PM »

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this was true, but it might also have the effect of galvanizing turnout among North Carolina's African American community when they see Trump, whom nearly all hold in contempt, come out in support of a local police force that kills and a legal system that systematically targets communities of color.

What a BS lie. Black high crime rates is due to a cultural problem among blacks - IE the glorification of the 'thug life'.

No one forces blacks to commit crimes. And you can't point to me one example of how our system 'targets blacks'.

And blacks being arrested more than other ethnic groups is not proof of anything except that blacks commit crimes at a higher rate. Why is that? As I said, cultural.

I mean what's you're solution here? That the police start ignoring black people who commit crimes? Do you believe that white people who steal, rob, murder, attack police get ignored?

Again, cultural.

I'm afraid the only one spouting BS here is you with your racially charged propaganda.

African Americans live in disproportionate poverty due to historical circumstances not of their choosing (slavery, segregation, institutionalized racism, social discrimination, etc). The American legal system has been discriminatory and oppressive to African Americans. All of these murders making the news today aren't new, we're only just now seeing it regularly thanks to widespread access to cameras and social media. Poverty has been proven consistently to be an intergenerational cycle that's hard to escape, especially when one adds the stigma of darker skin. Lower class areas, predominantly in minority communities, have been neglected in terms of lack of investment in public schools (from which privileged White people can flee to private schools), face systematic targeting, harassment, and surveillance by police (which only leads to further disintegration of communities and increased deviancy; read recent research on the sociology of labeling theory), rampant wealth inequality, perpetual exclusion from the illusionary "American Dream," and frustrated aspirations (which, when coupled with a culture that prioritizes material possessions and dehumanizes the poor, you get envy and deviancy), all of which leads, inevitably, to the flourishing of a counterculture wherein rebellion against the forces that continue to perpetuate your dehumanization, restrict your access to essential resources, and label you a dangerous deviant, becomes the norm.

Essentially, when you continue to delegitimize the grievances of a community, humiliate them, dehumanize them, defend the individuals and institutions that murder their brothers, sons, and fathers, and dismiss the legitimate anger stemming from a long history of ingrained inequality and racism that has allowed these problems to flourish, then how in the hell can you blame them for being angry?

Unless you are African American you have absolutely no right to decide how they should feel or to judge their culture. Maybe if you shut up and listened to these communities when they relate their experiences, instead of acting like a condescending know-it-all bigot who thinks s/he can diagnose what is or is not 'their problem,' then perhaps you'd have a legitimate and respectable position on this subject. Until then, either be quiet or keep making an ass out of yourself.

To say this is to assume that African Americans and their culture share equality in this nation with Whites and their culture. This is not, nor has it ever been, true. One has experienced systematic exploitation, discrimination, racism, hostility, and violence on a massive scale that has embedded itself in nearly every aspect of our society, from media depictions to the judicial system. The other has been the perpetrator of this systematic and societal discrimination that, within the lifetime of millions of African Americans, manifested itself in lynchings, legally enforced segregation of public facilities, and active disenfranchisement on the basis of one's skin color.  Only one group alone in this nation (Whites) is privileged, has built this system of racism, and reacts with hostility whenever they feel that the groups they've kept under their heel for centuries might speak out against their dehumanization. That you believe Whites are not inherently privileged in this country would be laughable if it wasn't so serious.
We all know that white privilege exists. People just want to stop hearing excuses. No one is owed ANYTHING in America.

I think you mean "White people just want to stop hearing excuses." No one else would consider those "excuses" except for privileged individuals, such as yourself. And who said anything about being owed something? It's called fairness and justice. After centuries of slavery, segregation, lynchings, voter disenfranchisement, anti-miscegenation laws, legalized murder, harassment, and profiling by police, lack of investment in anti-poverty and education programs, and social discrimination by the privileged White majority, when African Americans protest or speak out against their unjustifiable and curable socioeconomic situation, they're met with "no one is owed ANYTHING in America."
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2016, 11:40:26 PM »

They're pulling people out of cars. You support that nonsense?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2016, 11:42:15 PM »

And you are saying that that makes you an expert in NC politics?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2016, 11:43:35 PM »

I think we don't know enough at the moment to understand what the heck is going on.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2016, 11:44:23 PM »

Again, cultural.

To say this is to assume that African Americans and their culture share equality in this nation with Whites and their culture. This is not, nor has it ever been, true. One has experienced systematic exploitation, discrimination, racism, hostility, and violence on a massive scale that has embedded itself in nearly every aspect of our society, from media depictions to the judicial system. The other has been the perpetrator of this systematic and societal discrimination that, within the lifetime of millions of African Americans, manifested itself in lynchings, legally enforced segregation of public facilities, and active disenfranchisement on the basis of one's skin color.  Only one group alone in this nation (Whites) is privileged, has built this system of racism, and reacts with hostility whenever they feel that the groups they've kept under their heel for centuries might speak out against their dehumanization. That you believe Whites are not inherently privileged in this country would be laughable if it wasn't so serious.

I think you mean "White people just want to stop hearing excuses." No one else would consider those "excuses" except for privileged individuals, such as yourself. And who said anything about being owed something? It's called fairness and justice. After centuries of slavery, segregation, lynchings, voter disenfranchisement, anti-miscegenation laws, legalized murder, harassment, and profiling by police, lack of investment in anti-poverty and education programs, and social discrimination by the privileged White majority, when African Americans protest or speak out against their unjustifiable and curable socioeconomic situation, they're met with "no one is owed ANYTHING in America."
You're supposed to earn things, not get a job because of your skin color. Quotas have to end. It's not "fairness", it's cheating. Those schools are failing. Why invest in failing schools? It's a waste of taxpayers money.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2016, 11:45:03 PM »

Objecting to labeling African American protestors terrorists = supporting the alleged actions of a few rabble rousers
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2016, 11:45:42 PM »

And you are saying that that makes you an expert in NC politics?
I've been to NC a lot of times. It's a good state, but bad leadership. It's sad.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2016, 11:50:39 PM »

Again, cultural.

You're supposed to earn things, not get a job because of your skin color. Quotas have to end. It's not "fairness", it's cheating. Those schools are failing. Why invest in failing schools? It's a waste of taxpayers money.

You'd have a fair point if one race hadn't spent the past several centuries exploiting, oppressing, and dehumanizing those they labeled as inferior and then continued to engage in discrimination and racism against that other race while profiting from a cultural inheritance that places them at an advantage based solely on the color of their skin. As for investing in failing schools, perhaps you should invest in fixing them to ensure that all students have equal access to a proper education without regard to their parents' wealth (or lack thereof). A radical idea, I know.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2016, 11:52:40 PM »

Among young black youths, the 'thug life' is glorified and hatred against the police is encouraged (listen to the music). Unsurprisingly, such an outview on life leads to a much higher rate of criminality (to put it mildly).

Michael Brown didn't rob a store and attack a police officer because he was 'oppressed'. He did it because, you know, that's the kind of things aspiring thugs do. (You want your street cred right?).

From Reddit:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/53uw2u/trump_id_use_stopandfrisk_to_end_violence_in/d7wfmdl?context=3
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2016, 12:00:04 AM »

This is what happens when you systematically oppress and push peoples to their breaking points. I hate to see this happening, but at the same time, I can't imagine any other result of everything that has taken place with cries landing on depth ears.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2016, 12:17:45 AM »

None of this changes Trump from the person he is. He's still a psychopathic, unfit moron that he's always been.

None of this changes what BLM appears to many to be.  A group of folks who are not shy about using intimidation as tactics in advancing their agenda.  A group of folks more preoccupied with the welfare of criminals, including criminals who are actively resisting lawful arrests, over the welfare of law-abiding citizens.

This isn't the 1970s and Trump doesn't play as well with the Silent Majority as Nixon did, but NC is a game of inches, and there are folks who, frankly, view BLM as folks who are making excuses for criminals and sympathizing with rioters, who ARE criminals once they commence to riot.  They are folks like me, Obama voters (I'm an independent, but a registered Republican.) who have no problems with a black President but have lots of problems with public lawlessness.  A person does NOT have the right to resist an officer during a lawful detention or arrest, and a person who continues to move when told to halt and who reaches in a vehicle for who knows what is giving a police officer every reason to believe that the subject in question has no intention of complying and is actively seeking means to obtain an advantage in the building confrontation.

There are lots of liberal proposals for criminal justice reform I could support.  But I support our law enforcement officers, and I oppose folks who are deluded into thinking that persons have the right to resist a lawful arrest, or a lawful command of a police officer while lawfully detained.  And I reject the notion that a subject seeking to escalate a confrontation with police has the "right to a fair fight".  It is not unreasonable for a police officer to believe that a subject unwilling to comply with lawful directives may well be manipulating a situation to where they (the criminal subject) can use lethal force to get the upper hand in a situation or escape a situation.  I'm with law enforcement on this.  Period.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2016, 12:25:05 AM »

I think we don't know enough at the moment to understand what the heck is going on.

What possible reason could a person have to pull someone out of their cars?

This actually rises to the level of carjacking.  At best, it's flat-out intimidation and coercion.

Folks who want to minimize this or (even worse) justify this have no credibility when they criticize behavior at Trump rallies.
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2016, 12:27:50 AM »
« Edited: September 22, 2016, 12:37:51 AM by Helsinkian »

BLMers kicking a white homeless person: https://twitter.com/fgtegg/status/778816169679605760

Edit: scratch that; doesn't appear to be Charlotte.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies