TRUMP: "There has to be some form of punishment" for women who have abortions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:10:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  TRUMP: "There has to be some form of punishment" for women who have abortions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TRUMP: "There has to be some form of punishment" for women who have abortions  (Read 4937 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« on: March 30, 2016, 02:23:04 PM »

As a Pro-choice Republican and freedom loving American this sickens me.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 02:33:15 PM »

I used to support very harsh punishments for women who have abortions a la beheading and other cruel punishment. But, I don't support those views now and support a large fine while abortion doctors should be tried for murder.

How draconian of you, I'm sure some people already do that...did you teach them?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 07:38:41 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2016, 07:45:13 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

As a Pro-choice Republican  RINO and freedom loving American this sickens me.
Fixed it

OMG, having a differing opinion makes me a RINO, you conservatives are HILARIOUS don't ya know?

I know many of you on the hyper-conservative end of the party want to morph the GOP into this far-right ideological loony bin and have us lose election after election, but I am as Republican as you who happens to be VERY socially liberal.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 07:56:42 PM »

Atlas pro-lifers are way nastier about it than pro-lifers I know in other contexts. I'm not sure if this is because of selection bias in my offline life, the fact that Atlas is so overwhelmingly male, the fact that I live in Massachusetts, or some combination of the three.

I'd wager that the average pro-life activist would tend to have even nastier views on the matter. The average person who votes "no in most cases" in a poll probably not, though. From what I've seen, most Americans tend to fall somewhere on the spectrum rather than having clear-cut views.

Right, because clear-cut views tend to be subjectively unreasonable. 'A mentally and physically healthy woman in her late twenties or early thirties should be allowed to abort in the third trimester on a whim' is a subjectively unreasonable position, as is 'a fifteen-year-old girl who has been raped by her uncle shouldn't be allowed to take RU486', even though those are the views that make the most 'sense' according to most coherent ethical frameworks.

That is why I don't understand the extremist Pro-Lifer's who do NOT want ANY exceptions in the case of RAPE, INCEST or the LIFE OF THE MOTHER. saying it's a gift from God is very scarring and degrading to the raped woman. Imagine carrying that child to term and it being a constant reminder of your rape? How would you feel? A woman or child should NEVER be forced to carry their rapists child EVER.

I believe women should have the choice after consulting their doctor whether or not to terminate a pregnancy, it is very hard on a woman to make that choice, it's not like they go and willy nilly get an abortion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies