Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:10:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 71184 times)
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« on: May 16, 2023, 12:18:58 AM »

$10 says Yankee uses his mod powers to yeet the Southerners by the end of the crisis

Yankee wouldn't do that, whatever else I don't believe he would abuse his mod powers.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 11:49:50 AM »

So what's up with this OSR case?

It's MHO that cert should've never been granted here.  Unless the plaintiff somehow is contending that the Senate does not have the power to "discipline...its members", it doesn't seem like he has a legal leg to stand on. 

Article III Section 1 Clause 6 of the Atlasian Constitution makes it very clear that the Senate does, in fact, have this power.

The Senate may adopt rules concerning the discipline and expulsion of its members; but no Senator shall be expelled but with the concurrence of two-thirds of the members of the Senate.

Now you're telling me that the Court might decide in favor of OSR? I get the whole "you need to respond" thing, but geez...are they willing to do away with an important legislative check that the Senate has?

SMH!

The plaintiff is not arguing that the Senate does not have the power to discipline members. Please re-read our brief.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies