The Crusader (Public Service Announcement) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:14:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Crusader (Public Service Announcement) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Crusader (Public Service Announcement)  (Read 26849 times)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« on: July 15, 2018, 02:14:57 PM »

The moment you posted this, I was watching Star Trek. Perfect Tongue
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 01:22:25 AM »

I don't fancy the administration succumbing to the perils of ministerial leapfrog.

While I do respect the nature of this game, real life always comes first by a mile for me: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=279443.msg6317019#msg6317019.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 01:51:54 AM »

I don't fancy the administration succumbing to the perils of ministerial leapfrog.

While I do respect the nature of this game, real life always comes first by a mile for me: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=279443.msg6317019#msg6317019.

You misunderstood my intentions and my designs Transit. If a person needs to leave for RL or other important reasons I fully understand and support that decision but like I said a minute ago on chat, that person would be resigning anyway and thus the EO has not effect on them obviously.

Oh, that makes sense.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 11:41:36 AM »

This may sound like an excessive glorification of past, but it seems to me that dueling strikes right at the heart of the single biggest problem with the Republic of Atlasia in the past, in the dull and uninspiring present, and in the grim future that awaits us under continued single-party dominance: the lack of consequences. Evidently, any Atlasian politician which antagonizes his friends or whoever supplies the votes is bound to face electoral consequences and political ruin, but unless the players stop voting for you, you can be certain that you can act away and never face the realistic sort of consequences that would emerge in a better designed simulation. To be hypothetical, you can drive the economy into a cliff or start World War III and still be re-elected and face no punishment if you hold onto enough numbers of voters.

BINGO.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 01:12:25 AM »

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 03:23:19 PM »

The task that awaits the President and his or her eventual successor is a monumental one. Aside from this call for justice, we in The Crusader also believe that, after treason, there must be a period of Reconstruction. We must have a conversation on what works in Atlasia, what doesn’t work, and what can work better, a conversation not constrained to a few people in a Discord server. We must look beyond the Constitutional provisions, and also consider which behavioral things can be changed or worked upon. We must, essentially, seize the opportunity to see what can change for the better, and rebuild a stronger nation.

I wholeheartedly agree with the whole editorial, but this part particularly stands out to me as something that should be emphasized. I worry that people will overlook this time as just a blemish on Atlasia's history that we should just move on from and change nothing. We need to seriously look into changing game mechanics as an option for moving forward.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2022, 03:49:58 PM »

The task that awaits the President and his or her eventual successor is a monumental one. Aside from this call for justice, we in The Crusader also believe that, after treason, there must be a period of Reconstruction. We must have a conversation on what works in Atlasia, what doesn’t work, and what can work better, a conversation not constrained to a few people in a Discord server. We must look beyond the Constitutional provisions, and also consider which behavioral things can be changed or worked upon. We must, essentially, seize the opportunity to see what can change for the better, and rebuild a stronger nation.

I wholeheartedly agree with the whole editorial, but this part particularly stands out to me as something that should be emphasized. I worry that people will overlook this time as just a blemish on Atlasia's history that we should just move on from and change nothing. We need to seriously look into changing game mechanics as an option for moving forward.
A lot of this is dependent on people, and not whatever setup we have at a given time. If you get an enduring majority of elected officials who want to tear down the game, then you are screwed no matter what reforms you have put in place.
It's impossible to reform away this scenario.

Which is why behavior is the single most important thing to emphasize. Prudence helps immensely in having a functional game.

True, I was referring more to the current state of Atlasia as a whole and not just about the current crisis.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies