OH: More Money Stuff (August) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:23:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 187424 times)
henster
Junior Chimp

« on: February 04, 2017, 01:29:58 AM »

Either Cordray or Ryan would be good, although I prefer Ryan because Cordray will be pretty rusty having not have run for office since 2010. We have seen from Feingold, Strickland, Jeb etc. the perils of running rusty pols.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 10:55:29 PM »

To contradict some points I made in conversation with Chickenhawk, there is a possibility that it's about race. Say, if Nina Turner runs for Governor or something. And in the press conference where Ryan endorsed Harrison, so did Congresswoman Fudge.

Meanwhile, Mayor Whaley and Governor Strickland have endorsed Buttigieg.

So far the only Ohio DNC member on the record for Perez is ODP Chair Pepper.
Any word on where Sutton falls? She's looking like the strongest D after Ryan, since I think Cordray won't make it back in time to launch a campaign
She's certainly in the mix, but I haven't really heard anything substantial.

Not everyone needs to run for Governor, there are plenty of row offices out there. Sutton for SoS, Cordray run for AG again, Pillich should try for Treasurer again.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 08:50:26 PM »

If Ryan gets in hopefully he clears the field and everyone else goes for the row offices.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 01:18:32 PM »

Let's be honest he also isn't running because he wants to be a future speaker of the house

Was about to say, this is really the first major announcement of the 2018 Minority Leader contest.

Or hey, could be Speaker! Who hecking knows?
Personally I think it will be speaker, GOP is over streched, Trump is going full steam ahead on Obamacare repeal while also possiblely putting boots in the ground in Syria, and I just don't see were else the Bernie energy will go other than taking over the dems ala tea party

Why would Ds choose him over someone like Joe Crowley who has widespread support from the caucus?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 01:20:55 PM »

Just wish we had more Cory Gardners in the party, pols who aren't cowards and actually willing to sacrifice something in order to run.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 07:16:37 PM »

Forget Cordray. http://thehill.com/regulation/211235-ig-report-cfpbs-renovations-spiral-to-215m-in-rented-building

I am pulling for Nan Whaley or Betty Sutton.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 10:11:46 PM »

Cordray is damaged goods unfortunately, the Republicans will tear him apart over CFPB mismanagement fair or not, Sutton has less baggage.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 06:03:01 PM »

Am I the only one the who thinks that the Dem Gov Field in OH is pretty good right now?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 09:46:35 PM »

Am I the only one the who thinks that the Dem Gov Field in OH is pretty good right now?
One of few. It isn't bad, per se. I'm honestly just surprised it's so small.

Small? There's five candidates really 4 major ones about the same size as the Republican field right now. Now none of them are A list candidates but they are credible not a bunch of gadfly's.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 07:35:32 PM »

I am getting Strickland vibes from Cordray, some rusty pol who is supposed to be the Dems savior and ends up getting buried from oppo dumps and negative ads. The guy hasn't run for anything since 2010 the same as Strickland.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 09:58:46 AM »

The only saving grace of one of them winning is them Brownbacking the state and helps flip it back by 2020.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 02:19:21 PM »

Whaley already attacking Cordray.

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/930877170792136704

I have a feeling no one is dropping out and Cordray is actually an underdog here.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 02:46:07 PM »

Whaley already attacking Cordray.

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/930877170792136704

I have a feeling no one is dropping out and Cordray is actually an underdog here.

Good. The problems with Cordray are many.

He's never been a great campaigner, and he's not a very inspiring speaker. I also suspect he'll be rusty after 7 years. He's JEB! like in this regard.

He's also affiliated with the Melissa Barnhart faction of the Democratic Party, which will undercut his support back in Franklin County, which should be his area of greatest support.

And I'm for one not convinced he's the guy who can win back Trump voters. Which, like or not, Democrats need to do in Ohio. I just see Cordray being hit with the same playbook Portman used against Strickland. People who aren't super into politics don't know what the CPFB is. He's got the appearance of a real Washington-insider, even if it's bullsh*t.

If Democrats want to win, they need someone who can't be labeled a Washington-insider and a failed politician. We need someone young and home-grown. This is why I support Joe Schiavoni as my number one choice for Governor, and Nan Whaley as my second choice.

--

All that said, Cordray will probably be the best fundraiser, and greatly benefits for name ID.

Cordray in all likelihood will end up being another Strickland.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2017, 05:53:59 PM »

Sigh, at this point Dems just need to hope to not get blown out too much in the Governor race too much that it dooms Brown.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2017, 06:34:06 PM »

Not even popular more like unknown, last time he was on the ballot was 2010 as AG and he lost. Hasn't been involved with OH politics ever since and with the way people view Washington these days I'm not sure his time there is a good thing no matter what he did.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 07:13:22 PM »

A lot of these people have been campaigning for nearly a year, raising money, traveling across the state, participated in debates etc. Its ridiculous to expect them to just drop out for a guy whose been in Washington the past five years and done nothing for the state party.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 07:48:25 PM »

The announcement video seemed pretty... flat.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2017, 06:48:17 PM »

Comparing the Schiavoni and Cordray ads and wow there's a huge difference between the candidates. Going through the other candidates and I think Cordray by far is the most low energy candidate, I'm sure he's great on policy but little to no charisma.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2018, 06:00:24 PM »

Sutton did an interview with a local news station just a few days ago didn't seem like she was planning on dropping out.

http://wkbn.com/2018/01/05/meet-candidate-for-ohio-governor-betty-sutton/
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 10:11:00 PM »

Hopefully fundraising picks up on the Dem side, Dewine/Husted probably have about 10 million between them.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2018, 11:02:54 AM »

Mystery Dem candidate put in $1.5M of his money for a possible campaign.

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2018/02/possible_mystery_candidate_for.html
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2018, 05:40:32 PM »

Is Cordray still pro-gun I know he was endorsed by the NRA back in 2010?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2018, 03:06:42 PM »

Veteran, surgeon, and millionaire venture capitalist John Heavey will not be on the Democratic primary ballot for Governor, due to failing to qualify. Neither will would-be failed-State Senate candidate Neil Patel, nor failed-Cincinnati Mayoral candidate Kelli Prather, who was evidently running for Auditor. I'm a little surprised Heavey didn't make it on, since I know he was looking to hire field staff, but I'm honestly glad he failed to qualify.

He actually sounds like he would've been a great candidate with that profile, he should've announced way earlier though if he really wanted to run.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2018, 10:10:34 AM »

Would be funny to see most of the candidates drop out for Cordray only to see him lose to Kucinich or barely win. Most of them dropped because they thought Cordray was unbeatable...
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2018, 11:18:18 AM »

Cordray not backing off from gun/NRA support.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180404/democratic-gubernatorial-candidate-richard-cordray-offers-no-apologies-for-backing-gun-rights
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies