I'm rather surprised how many people don't know any gays (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:25:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm rather surprised how many people don't know any gays (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm rather surprised how many people don't know any gays  (Read 4132 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: May 30, 2009, 09:15:02 PM »

The poll asks "have told you they are gay." It's likely there are many people who know people who are gay, know they know people who are gay, but have never openly broached the subject. It's an awkward thing to say, and not always necessary. How many people this covers, I don't know.

Secondly, gaydar for me is less about mannerisms than about how men interact with me. Eye contact, comfort level, etc.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 07:56:44 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2009, 07:58:47 AM by brittain33 »

Curious... would that be more comfortable or less comfortable for men you interact with who are gay? That is, uncomfortable as in "potential romantic interest", or comfortable as in "not awkward about emotions, etc."?

Comfortable. If they're uncomfortable on the off chance that there's some sexual tension there, that's very different from straight men being uncomfortable with my being gay. I rarely pick up on the latter, primarily because most men are good at hiding it and behaving with common courtesy.

There's some more I could say here about how this works, but discretion is kicking in. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies