Are fat people (generally) to blame for being fat? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:02:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Are fat people (generally) to blame for being fat? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are fat people (generally) to blame for being fat?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Are fat people (generally) to blame for being fat?  (Read 4376 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 21, 2012, 05:11:27 AM »

FAT people are not to blame for being overweight, a top Melbourne academic claims
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yes, some people have very good reasons for not being able to lose weight, but they make up a very small percentage of the overweight.  I'm not exactly thin, but I know it's not the fault of fast food commercials or corporations in general, it's my own stupid fault.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 06:06:10 AM »

Do you really think people in the West would become thinner if there was no advertising for food?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 06:22:45 AM »

Well I'm all for experimentation, lets pick a place and try.  I suggest Scotland.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 01:15:55 AM »

So we should free everyone from prison?  Diplomas are meaningless?  No more penalties or trophies in sport?

If you honestly believe what you wrote I feel sorry for you, if you don't, you're a disgusting piece of sh**t.  Either way, you should probably start talking to a medical professional that deals with issues of the brain box.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 11:39:33 PM »

Or raping coeds, or burning crosses, or burning Korans, or burning American Flags, or.....we could go on all day...obviously being fat isn't THAT big of a deal.  Being fat isn't taboo.  To stop being fat you have to burn more calories than you take in.  I'm not saying it's the same for everyone, some people have to work a lot harder than others and for some people, it's not worth the trouble....and that's ok.  But it's still under their control even if they think they are a victim of a conspiracy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies