FL: PPP: GILLUM +5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:43:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL: PPP: GILLUM +5 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: PPP: GILLUM +5  (Read 11497 times)
Use Your Illusion

« on: August 30, 2018, 12:43:34 PM »

No....... ING...... way.

Oh my God

Does anyone have salt for my crow? This is a good/almost very good first poll for Gillum. We're just getting started so you can't read too much into it.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 12:44:24 PM »

Gillum winning NPA voters 59-25. Not a typo.

d00d

Someone get RFK up in this
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 01:02:11 PM »

No....... ING...... way.

Oh my God

Does anyone have salt for my crow? This is a good/almost very good first poll for Gillum. We're just getting started so you can't read too much into it.
I would agree, it is early. But DeSantis is already being pelted by scandals, Gillum has successfully pivoted the FBI invest, and hes already near 50%. Hes doing better than Nelson!

He did a very admirable job deflecting the issue and it needs to be his long term strategy while the FBI thing unfolds.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 01:11:17 PM »

The differences in the ethnicity numbers is staggering. It's almost a bonafide race war via democratic election
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 01:13:36 PM »

All better praise future Governor-elect Gillum for dragging Nelson across the finish line on election day.

lol

*in thickest Brooklyn accent possible*

Wouldja lookit dis this guy eh??! FUHGEDDABOUDIT!!
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 01:14:59 PM »

No.. no.. no.. NO! Atlas told me he CAN’T WIN!

Titanium R

Atlas Dems said he can't win. Big difference
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 01:27:22 PM »

But what about small sample size?
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 01:47:46 PM »

DeSantis needs to keep the race focused like a laser on social issues for the next 8 weeks, and try to ride Scott's coattails.
How would that help? According to this poll, DeSantis' only path is to take some of the Latino vote. If he goes down that path, Gillum wins.
What? Plenty of Latinos are social conservative.

Plenty? Understatement of the year. If we took an actual survey we'd find that something like almost half of the Latino population is conservative by nature. If the GOP ever actually got serious about trying with them they'd be unstoppable in Florida
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 09:46:31 PM »

Stacey Abrams and Andrew Gillum are going to be elected on November 6. Yall underestimate the brute effort being put in by immigrant interest groups, pro-choice groups like NARAL, Moms Demand Action, and black grassroots mobilization. Getting these two people elected is do-or-die for many people on the ground here. Can't wait to wake up to the news of two black governors being elected in the Deep South on the same night! Cheesy

There's an understandable sense of pride that comes with getting blacks elected in the south but as a lifelong southerner who was thankfully never exposed to true racism it's a different thing. Wanna know what's gonna turn my world upside-down?

Stacey Abrams (D) Governor of Georgia
Bill Nelson (D) Senator of Florida
Andrew Gillum (D) Governor of Florida
Robert O'Rourke (D) Senator of Texas
Doug Jones (D) Senator of Alabama -Even though he is not running right now
Joe Manchin (D) Senator of West Virginia

If you told me in 2016 that in August 2018 this actually had a very small but measurable prayer of happening in 2018 I'd have told you that you were crazy because there would be no way that the south ever saw that much Democratic representation in a region dominated by Republicans. In my eyes 2 of them just happen to be black. That's not to say all of this going to happen. The chances are probably less than 10% we see this lineup. If it does, then sh**t..... maybe the word isn't "blue wave" but rather "the tides of change"  

Domination by one political party for too long of a state or region is perhaps the biggest enemy that state or region can have. I pray that the likes of Jones, Abrams and Gillum can be the kind of change the tri-state region of Alabama, Georgia and Florida need.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 07:52:57 AM »
« Edited: August 31, 2018, 08:01:45 AM by Use Your Illusion »

Plot twist: Gillum is titanium D and we never even knew it
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies