SC-4: Inglis in real trouble according to new poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:39:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  SC-4: Inglis in real trouble according to new poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC-4: Inglis in real trouble according to new poll  (Read 5320 times)
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« on: May 28, 2010, 06:34:38 PM »

Why do you want your party to go even further off Beckified the deep end?
He's just made some disturbing comments, specifically about the Mormon church. I don't know who his opponent is, but I don't want this guy back in the House, even if it means supporting a Democrat.

The only comment concerning Mormonism I know of from Inglis is a blunt truth he told Romney back in 2007, that a lot of people in these parts do not accept that Mormons are Christians because they hold texts not found in the Bible to be holy scripture.

That is the only comment he's made regarding Mormonism. I really don't see it as an insult to the Mormon Church.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 07:00:05 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Look at this part specifically. What Inglis is trying to say is that many people in South Carolina do not consider Mormons part of the Christian Faith. He's rightfully asserting that if Romney claimed to be a christian, the Evanfascist pastors would be in an uproar about it. He's right, South Carolinians generally do not have a very positive opinion of Mormonism. He's attempting to give Romney advice.

And about my knowledge of Mormonism, I generally don't know very much and don't care very much. All I know that it's pretty recently that Mormons wanted to consider themselves part of the Christian faith. Smith certainly didn't consider himself a Christian.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 08:19:45 PM »

He is inferring that Mormonism is not Christianity.

Well it isn't. Sorry.

I don't really know what the litmus test for being considered a Christian is, but Mormonism does disagree with several major central ideas to the Christian Faith. For example, The Mormon Faith believes that God was once a mortal human before he became God. Christians believe that God has always been God. Christianity infers that the Holy Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit and whatnot) were all one, while Mormonism infers the opposite, and that they were all separate gods.  Pretty major differences if you ask me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies