PPP: Paula Deen more popular than MLK, Jr. among Georgia GOP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:18:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  PPP: Paula Deen more popular than MLK, Jr. among Georgia GOP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP: Paula Deen more popular than MLK, Jr. among Georgia GOP  (Read 2705 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: August 08, 2013, 12:48:40 AM »

What's so sad is that MLK Jr. was a republican, he had all the right values, to judge someone on the content of their character not on the color of their skin. And I don't want to hear "the parties switched ideologies" crap, that never happened, what happened was the democratic party changed their stance on racial issues, and painted the GOP as the racist party, and it has worked. Unfortunately a lot of [older] southern republicans are still racist, and that is something that needs to be fixed. I am disappointed with our fellow southern republicans today.

PPP would do this, and they only did this because Paula Deen recently admitted to using the word N***er on someone which happened 30+ years ago. We are a much less racist society than we were 30 years ago, and at least she had the decency to admit it. They only do this because they can't help themselves to be a biased organization and favor liberals.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 11:05:03 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2013, 01:49:27 AM by Waukesha County »

What's so sad is that MLK Jr. was a republican, he had all the right values, to judge someone on the content of their character not on the color of their skin. And I don't want to hear "the parties switched ideologies" crap, that never happened, what happened was the democratic party changed their stance on racial issues, and painted the GOP as the racist party, and it has worked. Unfortunately a lot of [older] southern republicans are still racist, and that is something that needs to be fixed. I am disappointed with our fellow southern republicans today.

Lol.  The Republican party is a southern party.  By your own definition the Republican party is racist.

Some older republicans who once were democrats are still racist. That generation is dying off though and will only continue if the racism gets passed on by family. Also if the republican party is a southern party, than the democratic party is northeastern and west coast party.

People wonder why a lot of conservatives don't want to be called republicans, its mostly because of the racist/homophobic image that the democratic party paints on them. There's a lot of people who aren't racist or homophobic in conservative politics so they choose to be an independent instead of a republican on their voter ID. Independents now lean conservative because of that. There's a lot of people who don't want to be called names for their partisan leaning, and that includes myself.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies