Senate Confirmation of King (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:28:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Confirmation of King (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Confirmation of King  (Read 2624 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: January 25, 2005, 01:59:01 AM »

Aye.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 03:47:14 PM »

Again I ask the senators why they don't see if King is right for the job.  Ask him what his goals are, something.

I would, but given that the job is only for, like, two weeks or so, and given how low the bar was set by MasterJedi, I didn't see a need to.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 03:54:02 PM »

Again I ask the senators why they don't see if King is right for the job.  Ask him what his goals are, something.

I would, but given that the job is only for, like, two weeks or so, and given how low the bar was set by MasterJedi, I didn't see a need to.

So it's just a position so King can put SecTreasury in his name. 

Not really.  The second point was a minor one; the first point was the main one.  If we spend a week or so debating over whether or not King would be a good Secretary of the Treasury, and then commenced with voting, his term would be up before he's even able to get started.  If we give King as much time as possible, he'll have a better chance to at least get something done.

When the new people get nominated for full four-month terms, then I'll ask questions, given that we'll have tons of time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies