AL-FM3 Research (Jones Internal): Jones +1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:37:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  AL-FM3 Research (Jones Internal): Jones +1
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: AL-FM3 Research (Jones Internal): Jones +1  (Read 3806 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 16, 2020, 06:36:09 PM »

Jones 48%
Tuberville 47%

Source
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 06:37:37 PM »

Cannot figure out the source. And it’s an internal. But hey look something different.

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 06:38:18 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2020, 06:44:29 PM by Alben Barkley »

You beat me to posting it!

Well, it seems like no candidate (in a remotely competitive race) will win without losing in at least one poll. (Though I’m not sure if Gardner has led?)

I want to believe, though...
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 06:38:45 PM »

I want to believe, but there is no way Jones is winning this thing.

That said, I would love to be wrong.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 06:39:17 PM »

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 06:40:33 PM »

No, but Republicans definitely can’t take this for granted and both parties' internals have been showing the race much closer than public polling. It’s a single-digit race.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 06:42:46 PM »

No presidential numbers on the internal it seems.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 06:45:37 PM »

I want to believe, but I just can't. Doug Jones will lose to Tommy Tuberville.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 06:45:40 PM »

October 11-14
801 likely voters
MoE: 3.5%
Changes with May 14-18

Jones 48%  (+4)
Tuberville 47% (n/c)
Undecided/Refused 5% (-3 from "Undecided" at 8%)

"Other" previously at 1%

This is the first poll ever to show Jones leading Tuberville.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 06:47:59 PM »

No, but Republicans definitely can’t take this for granted and both parties' internals have been showing the race much closer than public polling. It’s a single-digit race.

It would be soooooo funny if Jones lost by less than Collins.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2020, 06:49:32 PM »

Have to disagree..

Jones hasn't even tried to carve himself out a image of bipartisanship, his voting record has been extremely liberal for the state's partisan lean..

Voted against Kavanaugh, voted to convict on both counts, and looks likely to vote against Barrett's nomination..

In a state Trump will win by 20+ points, a margin of 12-15% seems realistic for the senate race.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2020, 06:55:20 PM »

Have to disagree..

Jones hasn't even tried to carve himself out a image of bipartisanship, his voting record has been extremely liberal for the state's partisan lean..

Voted against Kavanaugh, voted to convict on both counts, and looks likely to vote against Barrett's nomination..

In a state Trump will win by 20+ points, a margin of 12-15% seems realistic for the senate race.

Even if he had a much more conservative record, I think the odds of him winning would still be low unless Moore somehow got the nomination again. Alabama is far less elastic downballot than, say, West Virginia, Montana or Kansas.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2020, 06:58:45 PM »

Have to disagree..

Even if he had a much more conservative record, I think the odds of him winning would still be low unless Moore somehow got the nomination again. Alabama is far less elastic downballot than, say, West Virginia, Montana or Kansas.

It's even more difficult for him than most Democrats to be a moderate hero in base-alienating ways because he's essentially the only reason for voters to show up in a state that is clearly noncompetitive at the top of the ticket and not seriously contested at many downballot junctures.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 06:58:51 PM »

Have to disagree..

Red state voters don’t care as much about a Senator's voting record as people here think. Jones' strength isn’t that he’s a conservadem, it’s that he’s perceived as genuine and relatable — the kind of decent guy who fights for you even if you disagree with him on some issues (well, that, and Tuberville's own weaknesses as a candidate and the massive Democratic wave). I’m not saying he’ll win reelection, but don’t be surprised if the margin is a lot closer to McCaskill's margin of defeat than what you’re predicting. There are also quite a few favorable trends for Democrats in this state, and Democratic enthusiasm/black turnout will be off the charts (I’m expecting Biden to crack 40%).

Taking this race for granted would be absolutely foolish. Jones' campaign is definitely playing to win.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2020, 07:02:45 PM »

Rating Change: Titanium R -> Safe R
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2020, 07:02:47 PM »

Have to disagree..

Red state voters don’t care as much about a Senator's voting record as people here think. Jones' strength isn’t that he’s a conservadem, it’s that he’s perceived as genuine and relatable — the kind of decent guy who fights for you even if you disagree with him on some issues (well, that, and Tuberville's own weaknesses as a candidate and the massive Democratic wave). I’m not saying he’ll win reelection, but don’t be surprised if the margin is a lot closer to McCaskill's margin of defeat than what you’re predicting. There are also quite a few favorable trends for Democrats in this state, and Democratic enthusiasm/black turnout will be off the charts (I’m expecting Biden to crack 40%).

Taking this race for granted would be absolutely foolish. Jones' campaign is definitely playing to win.
Obama didn't even crack 40% in 2008.. a huge stretch to say Biden will.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2020, 07:06:40 PM »

Make the Deep South Great Again

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2020, 07:06:46 PM »

Have to disagree..

tbf, the state's fundamentals are better for Ds than in 2008.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2020, 07:08:54 PM »

Have to disagree..

tbf, the state's fundamentals are better for Ds than in 2008.

No. They have a higher floor and probably a higher average PV relative to the nation in statewide runs, but their ceiling is lower because of the deaths of more ancestral Democrats, polarisation is higher and the state party is in even more jeopardy (although apparently there's been some revival there since Jones was elected and the previous chair got removed).
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2020, 07:11:27 PM »

Have to disagree..

Jones is losing badly in polling even in what is essentially a Democratic landslide, I think Alabama is too inelastic for him to survive, especially since 15 pts is around what I thought he'd need to have a chance, yet he's still losing badly, Likely R, honestly.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 07:11:42 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2020, 07:22:43 PM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

No presidential numbers on the internal it seems.

Says it all given that the last FM3 poll also released presidential numbers. It's why I'm keeping this at safe R for the time being.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 07:11:50 PM »

If Jones and Espy win, surely Hegar would too, and maybe Perkins or even dare I say McGrath.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2020, 07:13:19 PM »

If Jones and Espy win, surely Hegar would too, and maybe Perkins or even dare I say McGrath.

Hegar wins before Harrison and my hot take is that she wins before Greenfield. Also McGrath probably wins before Jones, honestly.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2020, 07:13:42 PM »

I agree on the rest, but not Perkins unless Trump decides to trash Cassidy in the runoff after losing the presidential election, in which case enough of the GOP base might be demoralised enough to stay at home.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2020, 07:21:51 PM »

My favorite part of that map is MT/TX staying blue. Glad we get more bipartisan bills and NUT maps.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies