Can Atlas prevent 9/11?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:13:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Can Atlas prevent 9/11?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Can Atlas prevent 9/11?  (Read 879 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2022, 04:53:01 PM »
« edited: January 16, 2022, 05:21:56 PM by Torie »

I think calling in airport bomb threats that morning, presuming that time hadn't been altered before then, makes the most sense. It would tie in with the existing intel about imminent attacks.

If I had to play the long game, what I would do is start correspondence with a journalist. Make it clear I know about the future and make some very basic predictions about events in late 1996 into 1997 that evidently come true. Keep doing that for years if need be. Whatever authority cares will find me.

If you keep hitting the ball out of the park like that, all kinds of people would be all over you long before 9-11, e.g., financial outfits would be offering you billions. Cultists would want to make you their leader.

A more realistic approach is to simply point out how vulnerable cockpits are to attack, and try to get the New York Times or 60 minutes or Frontline or someone to take an interest, and even threaten to stage an attack if something is not done to secure them.

True story. Back in the day my Dad flew first class rather frequently on business, often from LA to London. Several times he was invited into the cockpit to fly the plane, and he did. That was a first class amenity, particularly for international flights. One time the plane had to make an emergency landing at Ft. Churchill in the dead of winter, and he spent three days there in quonset huts. Every morning after defrosting the tires, the passengers would hike a quarter mile to the plane, and it would try to take off and fail and would skid down the runway to a stop. Rinse and repeat until finally they flew another plane in 3 days later. The temperature was 40 degrees below zero and windy, and he wearing only a top coat. That was when my Dad learned that teeth chattering cold was not merely a turn of phrase. And no my Dad was not flying the plane during these take off attempts, in case you were wondering.  Sunglasses
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2022, 11:18:39 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2022, 09:23:11 AM by brucejoel99 »

We all immediately turn ourselves into the FBI, state our true intentions (we are time travelers from 25+ years in the future, sent here against our will by forces of nature beyond our understanding to prevent the worst terrorist attack in history), & tell them that we can quite easily prove it if they conduct DNA & fingerprint tests on both ourselves & our younger selves (at least, for those of us who've been born by 1996, anyway) & compare the results; when they're a perfect match, they'll be weirded the f**k out, but they'll kinda be forced to believe us.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2022, 11:42:02 PM »

You, dumb: Atlas could stop 9/11 by intervening to stop the hijackers from boarding the plane

Me, smart: Atlas couldn't stop 9/11 because there is no way a bunch of teenagers can infiltrate Bush administration intel (even if they are of comparable intelligence) and convince them to abandon the controlled demolition plot
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2022, 03:49:52 AM »

I'd just bring box cutters and a fake explosive vest onto a plane, hijack it, and crash it into the Empire State Building.  The resulting security measures would absolutely prevent al-Qaeda from doing the exact same thing to the WTC.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2022, 05:18:34 AM »

Yes, but we would end up getting arrested as co-conspirators and being tortured in a black site for the rest of our lives, so it's hard to say whether it's worth it or not.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2022, 09:36:53 AM »

Yes, but we would end up getting arrested as co-conspirators and being tortured in a black site for the rest of our lives, so it's hard to say whether it's worth it or not.

Not in 1996.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies