What's your occupation? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 06:23:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What's your occupation? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's your occupation?  (Read 8899 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: December 31, 2004, 04:22:00 PM »

What they call right-of-center is far left.  It is just that there center is so far left even Stalin would have been right-of-center.

If you actually think that you are disturbing ignorant
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 05:33:16 PM »

I have no clue why Republicans think France is such a leftist nation.
Maybe because they tax so much?  And they have a really lavish welfare system.  Really lavish.  National healthcare.  National pension.  National telephone company.  National power company.  Etc.  Definitely not my type of right-wing.  Maybe some crazy bizarre Europen right-wing, but not real right-wing.

France is slated to go bankrupt in 2006 because of its elaborate social welfare system.

The word is "Pension system" NOT "Welfare system". Outside pensions, the French government's services are pretty mean for normal people.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 05:42:17 PM »

Pension is welfare.  People receiving pension are people that are too lazy to work and think they're entitled to sit on their asses and get money.

I appear to be seeing things... have you just accused the elderly of being:

"too lazy to work and think they're entitled to sit on their asses and get money."

Huh??
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 05:51:27 PM »

Their health care system isn't limited to only the elderly, so far as I know.

True, but unlike most other healthcare systems it's geared towards affluent people in the Paris suburbs (as is everything in France).
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 05:53:33 PM »

Pension is welfare.  People receiving pension are people that are too lazy to work and think they're entitled to sit on their asses and get money.

I appear to be seeing things... have you just accused the elderly of being:

"too lazy to work and think they're entitled to sit on their asses and get money."

Huh??
Abso'lutely.  If you're in good health, you should work.  There is no excuse, not even age, for not doing work in order to sustain yourself.  If you have enough money, more power to you.  If you don't, work.  Being a parasite and receiving stolen money from other people that actually worked for it is disgusting and criminal in my mind.

You disgust me
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies