What's your occupation? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:30:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What's your occupation? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's your occupation?  (Read 8862 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 29, 2004, 10:30:28 PM »

It is amazing how all the red avatar people are either unemployed or rich because they inherited the money.

That's funny, because looking back, 8 of the 11 people with red avatars that have posted here have had jobs, 2 did not say it but are students as well as being unemployed, and the only truly unemployed person who inherited money is Opebo.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 10:40:49 PM »

2 did not say it but are students as well as being unemployed
So?  Being a student is no excuse for being unemployed.

In my case, it is.

For that matter, you said "all." There are at the most three unemployed people who are not attending school full-time. Most high school students - Republicans, too! - are unemployed. That is because they may want to focus on their studies instead.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 06:27:19 PM »

Okay, since all people who vote Democratic are lazy, unemployed slobs, surely CNN's exit polls will show that, right?

Do you work full time?

Yes (60%) - Bush 53% Kerry 45%
No (40%) - Bush 51% Kerry 49%

Oops!  Nope, sorry, try again!
The exit polls also showed Kerry winning.  Dude, I will have a degree in statistics.  Try again.

Yeah. Kerry must have gotten a lot of votes from those who neither do not or do work full time, then.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 06:33:01 PM »

You are claiming that Kerry won an exit poll where Bush won both among those who do work full time and those who don't. That would be quite an accomplishment - statistically, of course.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 06:48:20 PM »

Okay, answer this then: how do you know that all Democrats are lazy, unemployed people if you don't trust exit polls?
People tend to vote what works best for them.  People receiving financial aid will vote for whomever will give them more.  People in jail will vote for whomever will get them out faster.  (In most cases.)

For both of those, Democrats is the party of choice.

And for the greedy rich, they will vote Republican. For those who want to shoot people, Republican, too. Hate groups against minorities? Republicans - they're against affirmative action.

I can play that game too, but the point is I don't care. Those people are such a minority of the votership that I don't bring it up in every argument.

Crackdown on those who refuse to work, absolutely. While screwing over those who do work but can't feed their family? No way.

You can say whatever you want, but honestly I don't care until you give me proof. Sure, those who want welfare tend to vote Democratic because to them the big issue is welfare. That doesn't mean all Democrats are lazy anymore than I'd say Republicans are racists.

Maybe you should stop stereotyping.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 10:15:36 PM »

And while we're at it...people in comas. They are obviously faking. I mean, c'mon! They need to work just like the rest of us. Aneurysms my rear end!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies