Republican Ides of March Tuesday results thread (N. Marianas start at 4:30am ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:48:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Ides of March Tuesday results thread (N. Marianas start at 4:30am ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Ides of March Tuesday results thread (N. Marianas start at 4:30am ET)  (Read 58567 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: March 15, 2016, 06:32:35 AM »

This guy claims that of the 15 Northern Mariana votes that didn't go to Trump or Cruz, 10 were for Kasich and 5 were for Rubio.

An amazing 1% win for Rubio!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 10:58:05 PM »

I'm part of that 44% group (in spirit since I don't live in Ohio).

People are realizing it would be a total cesspool matchup.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 12:46:20 AM »

So, according to Erc's latest projections, Trump should win 37 delegates from Missouri, 52 from Illinois, and 29 from North Carolina.  This brings his total to 688 which is 549 shy of 1,237.  It is likely that Trump will end March less than 500 delegates away from the nomination if he can pull off Arizona where he is favored.  I'm giving Utah to Cruz since Rubio is out.  He still has a very doable path to the outright nomination and avoiding an open especially with a strong showing in Illinois tonight.

538 says he needs to be at 719 to be on track for the nomination by the end of tonight.

Did 538 take into account that every Republican race has different rules?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 02:21:13 AM »

The clearest case where a Trump delegate candidate in Illinois failed to get elected because of their name was in the 6th district:

Why did Trump voters back his delegates who had the last names Minch and Kois, but not someone named “Nabi Fakroddin”?  I’m trying to think of a reason.  Tongue

Likewise, Trump delegate candidate Taneequa Tolbert underperformed in CD2 (though still got elected, so it didn’t matter in the end).  And in CD13, Trump delegate candidate Raja Sadiq underperformed, and didn’t make it (though probably would have lost regardless of name in that case).

Why don’t Trump supporters want him to have delegates with last names like Fakroddin and Sadiq?  Tongue

It looks like Del Mar underperformed too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies