Democrats seek opportunity to take control of Salt Lake County Council
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:05:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democrats seek opportunity to take control of Salt Lake County Council
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats seek opportunity to take control of Salt Lake County Council  (Read 644 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2022, 12:55:36 PM »

I'm actually quite shocked there's even a Republican majority currently to begin with, but yeah they have a 6-3 one.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 02:06:02 PM »

I'm actually quite shocked there's even a Republican majority currently to begin with, but yeah they have a 6-3 one.

You underestimate 1) how R Salt Lake County was until very recently, and 2) how fast it is moving left.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 05:19:49 PM »

You underestimate 1) how R Salt Lake County was until very recently, and 2) how fast it is moving left.

This. While Salt Lake City itself has been increasingly liberal for a long time, that hasn't drifted out into the suburbs outside of South Salt Lake until recent years.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 09:32:14 PM »

Salt Lake County geography overall is horrible for democrats, and that’s unlikely to change soon. Most democratic votes are concentrated in Salt Lake City, small portions of Sandy and West Valley. Rest of the county is decently R. Salt Lake County is an interesting back and forth between the liberal county mayor and the Republican county council.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 01:23:21 AM »

Salt Lake County geography overall is horrible for democrats, and that’s unlikely to change soon. Most democratic votes are concentrated in Salt Lake City, small portions of Sandy and West Valley. Rest of the county is decently R. Salt Lake County is an interesting back and forth between the liberal county mayor and the Republican county council.
You overstate that. I tried drawing a neutral map in DRA and I got four Biden districts. One was pretty narrow granted and perhaps Trump underperformed badly but the other three were at least Likely D.

Plus the Republicans hold 2/3 of the at-large seats. That is pretty shocking.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2022, 12:24:10 PM »

Are these races listed as non partisan on the ballot?
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 08:25:18 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2022, 08:56:07 PM by Ad Astra »

i fixed it Smiley

Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 08:26:18 PM »

i fixed it Smiley

#fairmaps
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies